In your bag No: 1599 – Andrés Luna
Andrés has mad Tetris skills as he packs loads of goodies in a modestly-sized pack.
It all started with my first venture as an entrepreneur back in 1992. After a very successful and exhausting summer I decided to change my current line of work to photography. So with no hesitation, I sold everything I had, took all my savings and sold my shares and went directly to the nearest camera store and bought a brand new Kodak Star 275 for about $15. Oh boy… People on my street are still talking about those legendary popsicles I used to sell from my mother’s garage back in El Salvador… I was 11 then and I still don’t know what possessed me to buy a camera… or THAT camera, it was terrible! But luckily, some years later my brother gave me his Minolta x300s and that was it. The journey had begun.
… Anyway, a couple of cameras and a few popsicles later… I’m 36 years old, I live in Sweden and work as a photographer, I still have the same idiotic impulse to waste my salaries on cameras and lenses and I have no regrets!. My name is Andrés Luna and here is what’s in my regular-day bag:
1. Canon 5D Mark III: It´s heavy I know, this one is not always with me but it’s hard to leave it at home knowing it’s capabilities. Mounted, there’s a Canon 50 mm f 1.8.
The strap on both canon are of my own creation.
2. Canon EF 17-40/4,0 L USM that I use for landscape.
3. Canon EF 75-300 mm f/4-5.6
4. A useful remote control RC-6
5. Extra batteries
6. SD Cards and a Flash drive
7. Fujifilm X100F. This is like a well apreciated Couchsurfer in my bag. I recently won a portrait contest at the Stockholm’s Photography Fair and got it as my prize. So far we are getting along pretty well, but I don’t know, I’ve been in a long-term relationship with Canon… you know how it is.
8. Canon AE1. My favorite! The majority of my analog work has been taken with that work-horse. With this one comes two Canon lenses: 50 mm f 1.8 and a 100 mm Macro f 4. In this ocassion I have with me Ilford HP5 films with me, but I shoot JCH and Fujifilm as well.
9. Canon 100 mm Macro f4
10. Films. Currently using Ilford HP5.
11. An old but light and very stable (for it’s size) tripod.
12. A note book, this one is a Moleskine cause I use it as well for drawing and sketching.
13. My favorite pen in the whole world. I’ve been using this specific color (a lovely brown) and brand since I was in school, not in production anymore but got lucky and found a full box on ebay.
14. A generic and half broken air-blower. I have to seal a hole in the back with my thumb every time I use it.
15. A Kindle. This compensates for the extra weight of the Canon 5D.
16. Cell phone
18. Flash light
19. Microfiber Towel
20. Lens cleaner
21. Kånken Fjällraven: For street photography, I use it with a camera insert that I stole from my wife, she made it herself.
Thanks for the reading!
My website: www.kalinkamitsui.com
My instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kalinkamitsui/
Thanks for sending us your bag shot, Andrés. Organized like a pro!
Keep them coming folks, we need more submissions, so get your bag on Japancamerahunter.com
Send me a high resolution image of the bag. Optimum size is 1500px across. Please ensure there is a bag in the shot, unless you don’t use one. The more you can write about yourself the better, make it appealing and tell us a story. Snapshots of your gear with a camera phone and no words will not be featured.
Oh and don’t forget your contact details (twitter, flickr, tumbler et al). Send the bag shots here. Please understand that there is a long wait now as there is a backlog of submissions. Not all make the cut, so make sure yours is funny/interesting/quirky. And please make sure the shot is of good quality, as the ones that are not do not go up.
Hi, congratulation for your work !
Thanks a lot!!
Excelente Andrés. Te envidio….