In your bag No: 615, Oleksiy
It is not all that often I get to feature a bag from the Ukraine. So it gives me great pleasure to do so today. That is one of my favourite things about this series. Being able to have a peek inside bags from all over the globe. Oleksiy has been kind enough to share his today. Check it out.
My name is Oleksiy. I’m 31 years old engineer from Ukraine. Photography is my passion so I spend lots of my time for it. I have several cameras and use one of them depending my needs or mood. All my photos about my life, family, friends and journeys. Mostly I use film cameras. One of the reasons why I do this way I’m afraid to lose my photos because of Solar flare or nuclear war (surly I read lots of apocalyptic fiction books, lol). Indeed, I felt in love with a film many years ago, like most of JCH’s readers, and don’t want to change my mind.
A few words about my stuff:
– Bronica SQ-A with several lenses (not on the picture). I love this camera. I’m quiet satisfied with the result it gives me. Mostly I use it for the portraits, but don’t hesitate to take it in my journeys sometimes.
– Yashica 124G. It’s really simple and useful camera. I really like TLR cameras because I can shot hand held on long shooter speed. I use it for occasionally shoots and my journeys.
-Fuji GS645S is a newbie in my bag. I bought several months ago and still don’t know whether I like to shoot rangefinder cameras or not. But I need to say camera has superb lens and really simple in use.
– Seconic 308L is my best friend. You know every good photo begins from proper light-measuring.
– A few rolls of film. Mostly I shoot with FP4 and TRI-X.
– Set of filters. I can’t imagine B&W photography without color filters
– My life would be so bored without music and literature.
– The knife. No one knows what will happen next day.
– and the old bag of cause. This is my second National Geographic’s bag. I really like it because my bag doesn’t look like photo equipment.
– as many of you I have digital camera but I rarely use it. the bast part of my Nikon D700 is strap! I attached it to my Bronica.
You can see my photos on flickr’s page http://www.flickr.com/photos/shookaty/
Hope you like it
Thanks for sharing your bag Oleksiy. I love the D700 strap on the Bronica, that is pretty cool.
Check out the links and make sure you come and comment.
Keep them coming folks, we need more submissions, so get your bag on Japancamerahunter.com. Send me a hi resolution image of the bag (please make sure it is horizontal) and its contents, with some details about yourself and what you shoot. Oh and don’t forget your contact details (twitter, flickr, tumbler et al). Send the bag shots here. Please understand that there is a long wait now as there is a backlog of submissions. Not all make the cut, so make sure yours is funny/interesting/quirky. And please make sure the shot is of good quality, as the ones that are not do not go up.
really cool bag, love the Fuji.
I have been shooting B&W film about 6 months now and I am looking to get a filter or two. From what I have seen on online, i like a yellow filter for a little more contrast and to use everyday and a red one for those dark skies.
Any advise will would be welcome.
Great bag! I love the SQ-A; I bought mine back in 2006. It works like a charm, takes a beating without complaining and gives great results.