JCH half size 135 film cases

JCH half size 135 film cases
Ask and thou shalt receive. After months of planning, hair pulling and head scratching, I am happy to finally announce the latest model in the JCH family. The 135 half size film case.

When I released the original JCH film cases and the 120 film cases, many people told me how much they love them. But many people also told me that whilst the original film cases are great for travel and for storage, they are too big for a daily shoot. I don’t know all that many people who shoot 10 rolls of film in a day, so another solution was needed.

And here it is, the answer to the problem. Introducing the JapanCamerahunter 135 half case. It is pretty simple really, nothing world shattering. Just a slim case that will hold 5 rolls of 135 film. The dimensions are L 136mm x W 31mm x H 50mm.
They fit snugly into a bag or even a pocket and looks pretty sweet too. The cases come in 3 colours at the moment, Original white, Black and Red, and there will be other special edition colours coming too. Bikkuri cases will also be coming soon.

The cases are made out of the same high quality plastic as the original cases, with a nice snug fitting top. And they have the JapanCameraHunter mark stamped on the base (beware of cheap crappy imitations being sold on ebay etc). These cases are made in Japan, for a number of reasons, mainly that I want to support local economy and industry.

Buying these film cases helps support the site so that I can bring you more cool content and more cool gear. It also helps me to develop new products for you all. I really hope you like them.

They are available in the shop now!

Many thanks

Ps. More colours will be coming soon. What colour do you want to see?

28 comments on “JCH half size 135 film cases”

Joseph Abad Jr. December 4, 2014 at 10:16 am / Reply

Awesome! Try a silver/mirror finish :P

Tristan Parker December 4, 2014 at 11:38 am / Reply

Definitely some fluros… Yellow, orange or pink…

And if you can you could do limited edition camera leatherette covered ones if you know what I mean. More money but you have the right clients for it. Could emboss JCH on lid of them.

Scott W December 4, 2014 at 12:38 pm / Reply

You did it!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! =) =) They’re perfect!

John December 4, 2014 at 1:38 pm / Reply

Will you do a mono Bikkuri with the half cases?

Francesco December 4, 2014 at 8:11 pm / Reply

New half cases are fantastici, just ordered the black one. I would like to see two new colors: blue and light green. Thanks Bellamy!

Marcus December 4, 2014 at 11:22 pm / Reply

Army green!!!

Austin December 5, 2014 at 2:30 am / Reply

Rad! Are the spaces big enough to hold the roll of film *inside* the canister?

George December 8, 2014 at 11:58 am /

Good question Austin!

I love the look and idea of the JCH film cases, but I still like having the plastic canister and sometimes the cardboard as well, which I usually slide into the back of the camera to remind me what I’m shooting.

Any chance the canister can be squeezed in?

Bellamy December 8, 2014 at 8:49 pm /

No, you cannot fit the canister into the cases, they would have to be quite a bit larger. Thanks

Joseph Sambataro December 5, 2014 at 11:22 am / Reply

A see through plastic. The same for the 120 size.

John Carter December 6, 2014 at 4:32 am /

Best suggestion I’ve seen! That translucent plastic used for the canisters would look so good!

Bellamy December 6, 2014 at 8:16 am /

The thing is, by doing that it would defeat one of the main purposes, to keep the exposed film in the dark. Otherwise I would seriously consider it.

W. Norman December 8, 2014 at 12:56 pm /

If the film is inside the original canisters/containers does it matter if the canisters are kept in the dark? Also, those who are worried about this would not order the clear ones. Clear is nice to allow one to see what film is inside. If carrying three kinds of film stock I always think I will remember that the B&W is in the black one, the Fuji is in the red one, etc. but the older I get the less I remember!

Olen December 5, 2014 at 11:45 am / Reply

I would love to see them in gold.

Mattias Pletinckx December 5, 2014 at 11:32 pm / Reply

Great, the perfect cases for short trips. Ordered some of them.
    Greetz, a JCH fan from Belgium!

Robin December 9, 2014 at 12:13 am / Reply

These are a very convenient size Bellamy, I have ordered 2, and another 120 case to accompany my others.

Robin December 20, 2014 at 3:07 pm /

My new cases arrived yesterday, I’m really happy with them, great quality and very well made. The fit of the lids is really slick. Thanks again Bellamy.

Nathan December 11, 2014 at 3:04 pm / Reply

Hi Bellamy,

I’m just writing to say that I’m very impressed with the new cases I’ve ordered and how quick I was to receive them.

I placed my order last Friday and they just came in today.

That’s four business days turn around from Japan to Australia!!

Apich December 12, 2014 at 1:58 am / Reply

Make some dual color cases. Or I can mix and match them myself

Cecil December 13, 2014 at 1:55 pm / Reply

Transluscent blood red would be nice and protected from light

Yaz December 14, 2014 at 7:06 pm / Reply

I have a fujifilm case just like this from Japan but it holds 6 rolls. I’m surprised many people have not seen it.

Anon December 15, 2014 at 6:25 pm / Reply

Is there a nice and obvious pre-chewed method for keeping track of which rolls have been exposed, besides pulling the leader into the cartridge? I bulk-load my film into re-used cartridges, so I’d like to leave the tip out to avoid retriever-related crinkling and to keep the metal intact. Usually I’d put a bit of tape on the plastic can on unexposed rolls and then transfer it to the cartridge upon loading; obviously this method doesn’t apply with a case like this.

Do the rolls fit if turned upside down? Do they become any more prone to falling out if kept like that?

Carsten February 17, 2015 at 6:52 pm /

I leave the leader out so that I can get out the film easier but I will tear/cut off a corner of the leader bit or simly bend it so much that you can easily see it. (Well, if you bend it enough it won’t fit into a camera anymore anyway…)

Mike January 1, 2015 at 12:33 pm / Reply

The link to your shop isn’t working. Interested in buying the new half cases. Thx

Bellamy January 2, 2015 at 10:33 am /

Everything is back online now. Thanks.

Cyril January 15, 2015 at 3:46 pm / Reply

Orange, please. Orange

Chris February 5, 2015 at 11:25 pm / Reply

Since theres a Kodak Yellow/Gold with CameraFilmPhoto…how about a Fuji Green!

Sarah February 17, 2015 at 3:19 am / Reply

Some patterns would be awesome
    ike stripes and polka dots.