My name is Wonho Lee, but my friends call me Frank. I am a photographer living in Los Angeles, California, USA. It’s been about 5 years since I got very serious with photography which was just a hobby. I took some photography classes in college, then ended up changing my major to art. Even after graduation I am struggling to figure out what I am supposed to do with my love and passion for photography.
I have two bags for you today. Well, technically, one of them is just a case.
First bag is my daily/camera bag.
The bag is made by Lowepro’s Exchange Messenger Camera Bag. I bought it from Amazon for about $20 USD.
No, this is not a magic bag and does NOT hold all those cameras you see in the photo. However I switch out cameras time to time, depending on my mood. (with exception of two cameras, which I will explain below)
(numbered from top, left to right)
1. hama film-safe x – simple film cases, usually loaded with Arista Premium (re-branded Tri-X) or some expired color films.
2. the bag itself, covered with buttons. I know, there’s a Hello Kitty. Don’t judge.
3. Moleskine & Kindle Fire : something to write, draw, sketch on. Kindle Fire has been hacked and used as regular tablet.
4. Holga 120N : my very first toy camera.
5. Nikon N65/F65 with Nikon 35mm f/2.0 : picked this camera up for $15USD and it works like a champ!
6. Canon AE-1 : sweet camera with amazing lens. It has some light leak issue, but I don’t want to fix it.
7. Lomography Spinner 360 : this darn camera was so expensive. when I saw a used one at a bargain price, I had to get it.
8. Vivitar PS52P : no one will try to steal this camera. but people have no idea how cool this camera is
9. Olympus XA with flash unit : do I even have to explain?
10. Petri Racer : fun range finder I got for $20USD. Lens was surprisingly sharp and meter works pretty good.
11. Diana Mini : This camera just brings joy to my heart. square format with 35mm film, so fun.
12. Olypus Stylus Epic : this camera is with me, everyday. I always get surprised with the images I get from this little camera.
13. Canon Powershot ELPH300HS : another camera that I have with me everyday. Canon surely makes awesome compact point and shoot cameras. 1080P video function is a huge plus
14. Holga 135PC : 35mm pinhole camera i use time to time. to be honest, i cannot get into pinhole as much as i like seeing pinhole photography
Next bag.. errrr.. case is my work case. a.k.a. digital case. Equipment you see in next photo does not leave my house unless I have a job for it.
The case is Pelican 1500 Case. It has padded dividers for cameras and lenses.
I usually have,
1. Nikon D700 : I had this baby for about 3 years now, and I still don’t feel the need to upgrade. A great piece of machine.
2. Nikon 85mm f/1.8
3. Nikon 60mm f/2.8 Macro
4. Nikon 50mm f/1.4
5. Nikon 35mm f/2.0
6. Nikon SB-800 (i also have SB-28, but now shown in this photo)
7. Generic shutter release
8. ThinkTank memory card holder thingy (also holds my business cards)
9. Black Rapid Sports : mostly used when I at wedding gig.
did you feel the excitement as I went over my digital equipment?
I don’t have much plans for my digital gears. However, I am looking to downsize my film gears and hopefully concentrate on just few cameras that I can really master and use forever.
You can check out my photos at
Thank yall for reading about my bags. I always enjoy reading about what other photographers use and carry.
Special thanks to Bellamy for having such an awesome place to hang out.
Thanks for the bag shots Wonho, that is a pretty impressive collection. I would get lost as to what I have shot, but good on you.
Check out the links and make sure you come and comment.
Keep them coming folks, we need more submissions, so get your bag on Japancamerahunter.com. Send me a hi resolution image of the bag (please make sure it is horizontal) and its contents, with some details about yourself and what you shoot. Oh and don’t forget your contact details (twitter, flickr, tumbler et al). Send the bag shots here.