In your bag number 22, Asrul from Malaysia
Hello people, how are you all doing? I have been swamped lately, so I have shamefully fallen behind with the bag posts, but I am trying my very best to get them back on target. So here is another for you, this time from Malaysia. Over to you Asrul:
Im Asrul Sani from Ipoh City, Malaysia. Im a serious photographer for almost 15 years now. My main photographic work now is street photography but I still like to explore other fields of photography as well. Even though nowadays I do shoot a lot of digital but it’s really my film street gears that’s really close to my heart.
When Im on the street I love to travel light therefore I keep my gears to a minimum. Here’s what I’ll usually carry.
* A Jenova Wrangler Pro olive-colored canvas bag. I simply love the old school look of this unusual camerabag. It looked neither Billingham nor Domke but it’s cool
* A black Nikon FM body usually mounted with a AiS Nikkor 28mm f2.8. I have a silver FE2 and a silver FM2n as well.
* AiS Nikkor 50mm f1.8 “pancake’ for closer shots
* A Panasonic Lumix LX3 for ’emergency’ digital snapshots. This I usually keep in a X-Teem belt-pouch( not in the picture)
* Rolls of Fuji Neopan 400 and 1600. Neopan is my absolute favorite B&W films together with HP5+ and Foma 100. When I shoot streets in color I’ll use Kodak Ektar 100.
* A Lenspen to keep my lenses clean
* A cheap microfiber cleaning cloth.
* Spare LR44 batteries for my FM
* My Samsung Galaxy Ace phone. I used to carry notebooks and a pen but now I just too lazy to scribble therefore I use the Ace as a notepad.
Keep them coming folks, we need more submissions, so get your bag on Japancamerahunter.com. Send me a hi resolution image of the bag (please make sure it is horizontal) and its contents, with some details about yourself and what you shoot. Oh and don’t forget your contact details (twitter, flickr, tumbler et al).