In your bag No: 1440, P-O Stoltz
A lovely bag today with a spot of yellow and blue, which is very apt as the bag is from Sweden. P-O Stoltz has some lovely classic compact cameras in his bag for us. Check it out.
I’m P-O Stoltz, Swedish photographer, and this bag is put together for my next project. The project is about the place where I grew up in the 60’s and 70’s, and consequently I’ve chosen to shoot it on film and with old compact cameras from about the time. Just to get a timelink between the pictures of Rydebäck today, that’s the name of the suburb, and my years growing up there.
So I’ve come up with a combination of cameras that should let me handle most situations.
1. Olympus 35 RC for flashphotography. Love that GN controlled flashsystem that some of these compact cameras had.
2. Konica auto S3 for lowlight and my favourite camera in the bunch. Has turned out being my workhorse here.
3. Ricoh 500G for manual exposure photography. One of few cameras in this category that gives you the measured exposure in the viewfinder while shooting on manual.
4. Minolta Weathermatic for beach shooting and a rainy day.
5. Olympus XA2 because…..I like it. Haven’t really figured our why I want it on the project but I’m shure it’ll come handy. It usually does.
6. An old and trusty Sunpak 240 flash.
And all of this goes down into one of my favourite bags, an Troop London messenger bag with an Hadley insert from an old and discontinued Billingham Hadley bag.
That’s all folks!
Thanks for sharing your bag with us, P-O. Lovely stuff. That Minolta is a stunner.
Check out the links and please come and comment.
Keep them coming folks, we need more submissions, so get your bag on Japancamerahunter.com
Send me a high resolution image of the bag. Optimum size is 1500px across. Please ensure there is a bag in the shot, unless you don’t use one. The more you can write about yourself the better, make it appealing and tell us a story. Snapshots of your gear with a camera phone and no words will not be featured.
Oh and don’t forget your contact details (twitter, flickr, tumbler et al). Send the bag shots here. Please understand that there is a long wait now as there is a backlog of submissions. Not all make the cut, so make sure yours is funny/interesting/quirky. And please make sure the shot is of good quality, as the ones that are not do not go up.