In your bag No: 539, Marko Pirc
Today bag is, well, not a bag. Today we have a camera jacket. Marko has some awesome bits stuffed into his jacket including the camera that has covered his entire childhood! That is really cool. Check it out.
My name is Marko Pirc, I am 24 year old physics student from Slovenia, Europe.
I love your blog and have been reading it for a few years now. It’s also great to see so many people from all over the world love photography, especially analog one!
That’s why I’m sending just a photo of my present analog “camerajacket”.
– Zorki 4 with Industar 50mm f/3.5 lens – fully manual and mechanical, the only Zorki 4 model made for export outside of USSR. Got it from my father, serial number says it was produced in 1973. My complete childhood was captured with this camera, and still works like a charm. Usually loaded with some 1600asa BW film.
– original Lubitel 2 – It was waiting in original packed in my friends closet unused for almost 20 years, untill got in my hands. Although plastic (and rather cheap), can produce some good results. I also use Yashica Mat-124 G, but it is in one of my other camera bags.
– Olympus mju-2 – good focusing and Auto mode even in dark, so I use it at a parties or when there is not enough time to plan, focus and think before I press the button.
– iPhone 4 with my pre-production Lumu digital incident light meter (and it’s small leather pouch, usually attached at Zorki’s camera strap). This is essential for my work with Zorki or other medium format cameras, I use it also for field notes and memos.
– All together fits in slightly oversized leather jacket.
I shoot 1600asa BW films (usually Neopan, love the grain) and 400asa color films (Portra 160/400 NC/VC).
webpage (with all other info) http://www.markopirc.com/
Thank you and keep up the good work!
Thanks for sharing your bag with us Marko, I love the fact that you are using the camera that your childhood was captured on. I hope it lasts a long time. I love the Lumu meter too, that looks very interesting.
Check out the links and make sure you come and comment.
Keep them coming folks, we need more submissions, so get your bag on Japancamerahunter.com. Send me a hi resolution image of the bag (please make sure it is horizontal) and its contents, with some details about yourself and what you shoot. Oh and don’t forget your contact details (twitter, flickr, tumbler et al). Send the bag shots here.
This is great! In the meantime I got Mamiya RB67, but it doesn’t fit in a jacket… :D
Lumu also featured my bag on their FB http://www.facebook.com/lumu.meter
Your Zorki 4 was the very first camera I bought with my own hard-earned money, probably around 1970 or so.
In London (Holborn) there was a Russian shop that sold Russian cameras, telescopes, lenses etc. The Zorki 4 was the camera that started me off all those years with a love of rangefinders.
Thanks for posting and jogging my memories!
Great images on your website. Nice work indeed!
I have the MJU mark 1(or as it’s called in the states “infinity stylus”) and it’s fantastic! It will literally focus in the dark as mentioned because it has IR focusing along with phase and contrast!
The Mark 2 has the faster 35mm 2.8 lens, vs 3.5 on the original, but it’s snappy as heck and SHARP!