In your bag number 238, Thomas Trevilla
Wow, todays bag comes from NZ and is owned by a 14 year old! 14! I wish I had a setup like this was I was 14. Thomas is a very lucky young man. Let’s see what he has in his bag…
My name is Thomas Trevilla, I’m 14 years old (Young, I know), from Auckland, New Zealand. And this is my bag!
I used to shoot completely digital but I’m leaning towards transitioning to film completely (not permanently though), if I choose to switch over, I’ll buy a R.F – Voigtlander bessa’s or the classic leicas – M3/M4-P.
I have a beige “Prescripto” messenger bag, not a camera bag though so I purchased a tenba “Photo Insert” to house my gear.
– Canon 1000d – Great camera, purchased it two years ago, helped me learn the basics. I used gaffers tape to cover up the logos, it looks slightly more ‘Discrete’ without all the white text on the camera.
– Nifty Fifty (Canon 50mm 1.8) Great optics, cheap build quality, but I was astonished at the results I got from the lens.
– YN560, in-expensive, powerful and fully manual, I don’t use it on the street though (still haven’t found the courage to do so!)
– Two spare batteries for the 1000d (just in case)
– Extra sd’s
– Canon TLB, built like a tank, 32 years old and still going. Just purchased it, yet to see the results!
– Canon FD 50mm 1.8 S.C, like the nifty fifty, in expensive but it’s a real bargain, wish they would still use primes as standards but I guess convenience comes first these days…
– Minolta Hi-Matic G, 35mm film point and shoot, built well, like the TLB, just purchased it, yet to see the results…
– Films: Five rolls of Fuji Neopan 400 b&w film, great IQ, fine grain with lots of contrast. I also use Lucky Super 200 film (Not in picture), cheap, but still quite good, I use it for long trips where I don’t want to use the neopan.
– My smartphone, which is always with me.
– My notebook (not in picture)
– If I need it, I’ll bring my laptop with me.
Links where you can find me:
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
That’s all, Thanks :)
Thanks for sharing your bag with us Thomas, I am envious of you, having the chance to shoot like this at your age. I think if you keep at it you could have a great future with this. Good luck.
Check out the links and make sure you come and comment.
Keep them coming folks, we need more submissions, so get your bag on Japancamerahunter.com. Send me a hi resolution image of the bag (please make sure it is horizontal) and its contents, with some details about yourself and what you shoot. Oh and don’t forget your contact details (twitter, flickr, tumbler et al). Send the bag shots here.