In your bag 886, Jon Clay
Jon returns to us again after a long break with a fantastic new setup. Same bag, totally different cameras. Check it out.
Hey there Mr JCH!
I thought I’d send a shot of my current bag setup. I’ve had my bag on JCH before ( https://www.japancamerahunter.com/2012/12/in-your-bag-no-358-jon-clay/ ), and things have changed a bit.
Firstly, I’m only shooting medium format this year. One camera (Mamiya C330), one lens (80mm f/2.8) and one film (Tri-X). This shot was taken with my digital light meter – a Panasonic GH-1 that I sometimes use for checking flash exposures.
Ok, so this is it. 2014, equipment-wise.
– The old Domke F-802 I’ve been lugging around for a few years, and it’s showing its age these days, but still does what it does.
– Mamiya C330 w/ 80mm f/2.8 (not the fabled blue dot) with the waist-level finder. Big, heavy, and did I mention heavy? An exceptional piece of kit, although bits are starting to fail – nothing big at the moment though.
– Sunpak Auto 522. Big and flashy.
– Various books: Diary, notebook and reading material.
– JCH 120 film holder. Packed with Tri-X.
– A&A long strap. Usually attached to the C330.
– Phone charger and cable (there’s usually a micro USB one in there too).
– Brass pencil case, for holding pens and pencils.
– Filter holder, with B+W yellow, orange, red and 4 stop ND filters.
– Mamiya Porrofinder. Very handy when shooting portraits.
Missing from this shot is a battered Gossen Digisix, but it’s almost always in my pocket.
So there you go! The following links are where I post my shots:
Thanks for sharing your bag with us Jon. It is very interesting to see the change.
Check out the links and make sure you come and comment
Keep them coming folks, we need more submissions, so get your bag on Japancamerahunter.com. Send me a hi resolution image of the bag (please make sure it is horizontal) and its contents, with some details about yourself and what you shoot. Oh and don’t forget your contact details (twitter, flickr, tumbler et al). Send the bag shots here. Please understand that there is a long wait now as there is a backlog of submissions. Not all make the cut, so make sure yours is funny/interesting/quirky. And please make sure the shot is of good quality, as the ones that are not do not go up.