In your bag 380, Minh Nghia
I have a beautifully simple bag for you all today. A nice blend of digital and film without being too overbearing. Come and have a look at this great bag.
I’m a fan of your “In your bag” series. It is so interesting to see what cameras/bag people are still using and how it reflects their shooting styles.
Here is my “everyday” camera bag that I would like to share with you. “Everyday” means that I carry it to work on weekdays and to go out in the evening or on weekends, etc. This is also the bag for my personal work, mostly in street photography, which I prefer to use film cameras for. I like simplicity: just going out with one camera, one lens, 1-2 rolls of films. My choice of bag is simple: small bag, not a “photography branded” one (as a disguise), enough to carry one camera and my everyday gears.
So here it is:
– A Zinc bag
– My iPhone (phone, maps, lightmeter, etc) and Kindle touch (for reading on train)
– Films: mostly Tri-X for BW, or some negative color films (enjoy many types, but the bang-for-buck for me would be Efiniti UXi 200, especially for day-light portraits)
– Either one of these set, bubble wrapped in my bag
* Fujifilm Silvi F2.8 / Fujifilm Zoom Date F2.8: very fine film compact, rare budget choice for 24mm f2.8 wide, nice and contrasty lens
* Konica Hexar AF Silver: my favorite compact RF with THE superb 35mm f2.0 lens. Love the Silent and multi-exposure modes. And the Silver looks good too.
* Voigtlander Bessa R2M with Leica Summaron 35mm f3.5 LTM on Zhou half case: only this ridiculously compact and fine Leica lens can allow this RF set to fit in my everyday bag. Good looking (to me) and great performer.
Also forgot, my name is Minh Nghia Le. I’m from Vietnam. Because of my study and work, I have been staying in Singapore for more than 10 years. What I would like to shoot will be best described on my website: https://analox.jux.com/ . Pay it a visit and let me know what you think, much appreciated.
I’m also around at:
– Tumblr: http://a2nh.tumblr.com/
– Twitter: http://twitter.com/a2nh
– Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/analox.admire
Have a good weekend, Bellamy. Thanks for your work.
Thanks for sharing your great bag with us Minh, that summaron is lovely. Happy shooting in 2013.
Check out the links and make sure you some and comment.
Keep them coming folks, we need more submissions, so get your bag on Japancamerahunter.com. Send me a hi resolution image of the bag (please make sure it is horizontal) and its contents, with some details about yourself and what you shoot. Oh and don’t forget your contact details (twitter, flickr, tumbler et al). Send the bag shots here.