In your bag No: 660, Eirik Tan
From big to small we go. Eirik shares with us a very very simple setup, all you need when you are out and about. Check out this super sweet bag.
my name is Eirik. I am a photographer from Singapore. I shoot digitally for work. But for most other times, I shoot film.
This is what I carry in my Lowepro Exchange Messenger.
– Canon EOS30. This was my first serious SLR when I first stepped into photography. It has Eye-control focusing but I never use it. I always have a 50mm lens mounted.
– Lomo LC-Wide. My current fav. Somewhat over-priced but I bought it during a sale. I shoot with this camera the most because its fun to shoot without having to think about settings.
– Olympus Mju2. My copy is prone to light leak, and the motor sometimes under-winds, ending with 2 frames partially overlapped. The viewfinder is tiny and I often have problems composing. But the 35mm f2.8 lens is very sharp and this camera is very well-built and small.
– JCH 35mm film case. I use different brands of film depending on whats available and affordable.
I carry at least 1 of these 3 cameras everywhere I go.
You can see my film photos here:
– tumblr : http://35negatives.tumblr.com/
– flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/35negatives/
Follow me on instagram: eiriktan
My wedding work:
– blog : http://eiriktan.net
– site : http://www.eiriktan.com
– fb: http://www.facebook.com/eirik.photography
Thanks for sharing your bag with us Eirik. And thanks for buying the film case, it looks great.
Check out the links and make sure you come and comment.
Keep them coming folks, we need more submissions, so get your bag on Japancamerahunter.com. Send me a hi resolution image of the bag (please make sure it is horizontal) and its contents, with some details about yourself and what you shoot. Oh and don’t forget your contact details (twitter, flickr, tumbler et al). Send the bag shots here. Please understand that there is a long wait now as there is a backlog of submissions. Not all make the cut, so make sure yours is funny/interesting/quirky. And please make sure the shot is of good quality, as the ones that are not do not go up.
i picked up an LCA as well, love that little camera. It will most likely replace my olympus stylus epic since that one is also prone to light leaks.
I got the mju2 as well (though mine is branded stylus epic) and I also occasionally experience overlapped frames, or an unusually large space between frames. I think it might be a common problem. Still a great little camera though for just carrying in a coat pocket.