MS Optics Vario Prasma 50mm 1.5 M mount Color Editions
Miyazaki is back with his latest creation. This time around he has gone for a tried and true focal length, the 50mm. But with a twist. This is the Vario Prasma (Vario Plasmat) 50mm 1.5 lens.
Based on the famed Plasmat lenses designed by Paul Rudolph in 1918. This is a modern interpretation of the lens by Miyazaki, offering some of his unique improvements. The lens has an adjustable spherical aberration ring, that is incorporated into the barrel of the lens, making for easier fine tuning. He has also improved the dampening on the focus and separated the aperture to ensure focussing doesn’t affect the aperture.
- Improved Plasmat type lens
- Six elements in four groups, focal length 52 mm, max. aperture f/1.58
- All surfaces multicoated, 97.5% transmission. Variable spherical aberration.
- Size: diameter 37 mm, length 43 mm, weight 135 grams
- Focus: infinity to 0.8 meter
- Spherical aberration adjustment ring
- Available in Wine Red and Metallic Blue
For more details and sample images from the Vario Plasmat, check out our article here
Metallic Blue, Wine Red