While almost all of my professional work is shot with a Nikon DSLR-based kit, I still prefer to shoot my personal photos with film gear. Among the film cameras/lenses l have left: a Zeiss Ikon Contax IIa kit; Zeiss Ikon Super Ikonta BX; Zeiss Ikon Contessa 35; Rolleiflex 2.8F; and, Rollei B35.
I will often take a scaled-back version of my Contax kit with me on working trips, as I did this month while working on a project in Tokyo. I was able to use the film camera on two of the 11 days in Tokyo.
Here’s the full Zeiss Ikon Contax IIa lineup:
* Zeiss Ikon Contax IIa body with Zeiss variable focal length viewfinder and Zeiss Ikon 50mm Sonnar f/1.5 with hood;
(front row, left to right)
* Zeiss Ikon 135mm Sonnar f/4 with original lens pouch;
* Nikkor 85mm f/2 in Contax mount;
* Zeiss Ikon 35mm Biogon f/2.8;
* Sekonic L-398 light meter;
* Artisan & Artist “Image Smith” camera bag, and Artisan & Artist leather camera strap.
Thanks for sharing your bag with us Floyd. It is great to see this beautiful classic being put to good use.
Check out Floyd’s site and make sure you come and comment.
Keep them coming folks, we need more submissions, so get your bag on Japancamerahunter.com. Send me a hi resolution image of the bag (please make sure it is horizontal) and its contents, with some details about yourself and what you shoot. Oh and don’t forget your contact details (twitter, flickr, tumbler et al). Send the bag shots here.