In your bag No: 1289, Jonathan Alaerts
Yesterday we were in Singapore, now we scoot over to Belgium. Globetrotting through peoples bags. Cool or what? Jonathan has a stunner of a bag for us, with a super sexy Leica M4-P. Makes me want one…
I’m Jonathan Alaerts and I’m a Belgium photographer who is aspiring to be a pro-photographer.
My ‘commercial gear’ is digital and Fujifilm, but for my personal work I exclusively use Leica film camera’s. As I already spend way to much time behind my computer editing my work, my personal work is pure darkroom magic :-).
In my bag:
· Leica M2 with the Zeiss ZM 35mm F2.0 fixed to it. 80% of my pictures are made with this set-up
· Box of b&w film. Most is bulkrolled HP5+ (But I use about everything from Fomapan, Kodak, Rollei and Ilford)
· Voigtlander hotshoe lightmeter. Almost never use it.
· Moleskin notebook
· Leica M4-P with Zeiss ZM 28MM F2.8. The M4-p has 28mm framelines, but I do like the external 28mm Voigtlander viewfinder for fast framing
· Voigtlander 15mm F4.5, a lovely but sometimes hard to use piece of gear
My bag is a cheaper Billingham-like alternative from Gurubags.
I’ve added a contactsheet and a silvergelatine print to my second shot.
You can check out my pictures at my Instagram account:
Thanks for sharing your bag with us, Jonathan. I love that M4-P. Such an underrated camera.
Keep them coming folks, we need more submissions, so get your bag on Japancamerahunter.com.
Send me a hi resolution image of the bag. Optimum size is 1500 across. Please ensure there is a bag in the shot, unless you don’t use one. The more you can write about yourself the better, make it appealing and tell us a story.
Oh and don’t forget your contact details (twitter, flickr, tumbler et al). Send the bag shots here. Please understand that there is a long wait now as there is a backlog of submissions. Not all make the cut, so make sure yours is funny/interesting/quirky. And please make sure the shot is of good quality, as the ones that are not do not go up.