JCH news: Cool JCH Fan-Art Advert

Scroll down

JCH news: Cool JCH Fan-Art Advert
I get sent a lot of cool things (pictures, shirts, rather unusual candies), some of them I can share with you and others I cannot because the people who made them are shy/secret agents/could lose their jobs etc. But this is one of those things that I actually can share with you, because it is really cool.

Recently I was contacted by a reader of the site who is in the advertising industry. He would rather remain anonymous, but he is happy for me to share his creation with us all.
The reader told me that I should have a proper full page advert, that can be seen in magazines etc, which I think is a really cool idea. And he said he would make one for me, which is an even better idea!  All I have to do now is find a couple of magazines that would actually be happy to have it on their pages (any offers?).

In true advertising style, we discussed what should be conveyed, but I left the design and everything else completely up to the reader, and he has created this totally awesome advert for me. Check it out.

I think it is a bit of fun and shows people how I work. As I have said in the past, I am not like e-bay, so it is nice to give a little bit of imagery to that. This doesn’t imply that I am better than e-bay, you can find plenty of deals there, but if you are looking for something special from someone who doesn’t mess about then I can help you. JCH has got your back.

I hope you like the advert, please feel free to share it and comment.

14 comments on “JCH news: Cool JCH Fan-Art Advert”

Winston Chua July 1, 2015 at 1:13 pm / Reply

Although it’s obvious that the Ebay purchase plus other costs will come out more expensive, I believe it is still better to have a “total” cost at the bottom.

Just a suggestion.

Freddie D. July 1, 2015 at 3:13 pm / Reply

This is a great idea. Now what magazine is willing to take this idea? Can’t wait till you visit Hawaii!

fabien July 1, 2015 at 3:36 pm / Reply

ahahahah Awesome.

Matthew July 1, 2015 at 4:58 pm / Reply

Really cool! You should make a banner for affiliate sites!

Hamish July 1, 2015 at 6:38 pm / Reply

I’d disagree… Leaving the numbers off the bottom is more likely to get people to engage with it. They will, especially if they haven’t heard of JCH, be more inclined to add up the numbers. Then once that level of engagement is gained, they will likely read the rest of the advert. If it’s too obvious, it’s more likely to just get skimmed over.

Vik July 1, 2015 at 7:31 pm / Reply

Excellent advert. That always happens the bargains end up costing the most. You should put it up where more people can see it! Very good!

Victor Valdez July 1, 2015 at 9:31 pm / Reply

Excellent camera choice….

jr July 1, 2015 at 10:48 pm / Reply

I agree with Hamish, because my mind did the same thing he’s describing. I thought, “why isn’t the eBay auction totaled?” And then I thought, “Ah! That’s clever!”

Jukka vatanen July 2, 2015 at 2:24 am / Reply

It is good that the camera is a NIKON F3.. If it would be a leica, the numbers were so “scary” that it would put people off your site and no business. the CLA for some leicas is just astonishing, likewese the leica & sandpaper craziness… rgds Jukka

Isaac Leong July 2, 2015 at 9:53 am / Reply

Just think about taking a unreliable camera for a holiday, come back and discover all photos were exposed incorrectly. That is not money can buy.

Carlos July 3, 2015 at 6:30 pm / Reply

Just show, what your core business is:
    – selling one of many F3s or F100s? Always ebay competition.
    – selling rare Leicas? Not just editions, but a specific model/year in a specific condition…
    – selling rare Glass?
    – selling modifications/upgrades?

You know what you do and the more you complain about ebay, the more I get the feeling, that actually, yes, well, it’s your competitor, as you choose it to be your market.

While I thought your focus would be different.

Rui Estevex July 5, 2015 at 10:40 pm / Reply

Simple yet competent at getting the message across

Mark L July 8, 2015 at 10:15 pm / Reply

While I like the add, I think it pulls a little too much that ebay being a complete scam. If you are a competent ebayer, you will likely get a pretty decent camera. Things like light seals, and winder cap should be visable. 400 dollars for an f3 on ebay is relatively pricey and I would expect pristine pictures with a good ebay history.

What I am saying is that the add may try to be pulling people that are a little scared of ebay. For the experienced ebayer, the ad is a bit of a stretch. I like your service but I tend not to like adds that try to underplay a competitor. Just my opinion

ZDP-189 July 24, 2015 at 2:36 am / Reply

The kind of cameras I’d buy off Bellamy are the ones I can’t buy elsewhere, services that require a local touch, such as dealing with a Japanese artisan, or models whose authenticity is questionable.

I understand that F3s are his bread and butter, but I can’t see myself buying one.