Introducing the JCH Youtube channel

Scroll down

Introducing the JCH Youtube channel
So after a lot of faffing around and taking forever to get things done (do you see a pattern here), I am happy to share with you my latest venture… Into the world of video. Things will never be the same again…

I never thought I would do it, but so many people have been asking me that I finally decided to start making videos. It is not exactly my favourite thing to do, but I am sure I will get used to it.

So check out the first, of hopefully many videos. We are filming them now but it takes ages to get them all edited properly and all that, so they may be rather sporadic. I am still getting used to the whole thing, so they might not be as slick as others, but we are working hard on them.

Come and join my Youtube channel!

And please come and comment. What would you like to see in the videos? We are going to try and take as much of it on as possible. There are going to be interviews, camera chats, walks, store reviews, hands on and much more.

As the Japanese say “please enjoying greatly”

22 comments on “Introducing the JCH Youtube channel”

Joseph Sambataro May 26, 2015 at 1:15 pm / Reply

A young flight instructor in Tallahassee, Florida, who him self was a white African, was fond of telling me, “practice makes better.”

Max May 26, 2015 at 3:25 pm / Reply

I really enjoy how good natured you are towards other people Bellamy. It is really weird to be filmed that way, but I guess it will pass. I liked the music that was playing. The Logo up front was a bit still for my taste. An animation of it, being drawn etc would be nice.
    What I would like to see: Photo walks in Tokyo with other photographers/artists. Visits of print shops or photo community places (if there is such a thing).
    Cheers Max

Bellamy May 26, 2015 at 9:13 pm /

Hopefully we will be able to do all of these, soon. The animation thingy might take a bit more time.

SilverChrome7 May 26, 2015 at 3:45 pm / Reply

Was that a Mijonju cameo?

Bellamy May 26, 2015 at 9:12 pm /

Might have been. He is a mysterious guy.

Tomas May 26, 2015 at 8:05 pm / Reply

Better audio would be nice, even the last part could’ve been better with clearer sound. Good choice in music thokch.

Bellamy May 26, 2015 at 9:11 pm /

We are working on that. Had a bit of trouble with the mic.

joseph saunders May 26, 2015 at 8:37 pm / Reply

its a great step! it would be cool to see you interview some people as well

Bellamy May 26, 2015 at 9:11 pm /

That will come with time.

Ulf Greger May 26, 2015 at 8:58 pm / Reply

Great stuff, going to subscribe and follow the JCH youtube channel.

J Toha May 26, 2015 at 11:54 pm / Reply

I really liked this first video, Bellamy. I think the content and featured products are informative and useful, and I appreciate the little touches such as the Zeiss unique serial number and a couple others as it makes viewing them ‘a relatable personal experience’ rather than journalistic in nature.

Though the videography was decent, I’d liked it if the depth of field isn’t too shallow most of the time. I wanted to see clearer the brand and make of the Lens Cleaner, but it was quite a strain.

I look forward to seeing more :)

Michael May 27, 2015 at 5:14 am / Reply

Hi Bellamy,
    Great video, I’d love to see a video of you looking at things to look out for when buying second hand gear. Keep it coming

Anita Steward May 27, 2015 at 7:54 am / Reply

That was really nice. Would like to see more one lens for Nikkon FM2. Once again great start.

igor Videla May 27, 2015 at 12:40 pm / Reply

nice work. I really like your cool approach. Would like to see a video of nice bookstores in Japan.

have a nice day!

Matthias May 28, 2015 at 3:06 am / Reply

Great! I was really waiting for your own youtube channel a long time. I liked your appearances in digital rev and eric kim videos a lot, so your channel is just a great idea.

stanislaw riccadonna zolczynski May 28, 2015 at 7:26 pm / Reply

iGlad May 29, 2015 at 11:58 pm / Reply

Great 1st show keep them comimg!

jeremy June 1, 2015 at 10:04 pm / Reply

Keeping lens clean is super important. Bacteria and mould actually etch the glass when they grow on it! Ewwww!

Kemal June 2, 2015 at 2:49 pm / Reply

What happend to the channel?

JP June 2, 2015 at 9:50 pm / Reply

What happened to your channel??
    It was removed.

steve d February 11, 2016 at 9:00 pm / Reply

Very knowledgeable start, and I approve of the hand s on approach. This hobby of ours (photography) should be given a balanced level of seriousness and humour, but not border on the ‘slapstick’ that some may choose.!?

I appreciate your level of technical knowledge, and I hope, and look forward to seeing more!

Bellamy February 12, 2016 at 12:43 pm /

Thanks for the kind words, Steve. There will not be any more videos though. Thanks for your understanding.