In your bag No: 1154 – Raphaël Ott

In your bag 1154, Raphaël Ott
Check out todays bag. A compact camera filled bag. Neat and tidy, just how we like it. Check it out.

Hi Guys, Hi Bellamy !

I’m Raphaël, I’m a “1990 born French Graphic designer DJ” who comes out of school the last year.

I like hard shadow, back portrait, silhouettes, nature, texture, fog, grain and mistake…

To be honest i’m not a photographer with a lot of technics, that why I use mostly compact fixed lens film camera, and also because I like it raw, dirty and personal, like a diary !

Back in time when i shot mostly live show I used to walk around with a Mark II after my classic Rebel XTI but i was bored by the impersonal side of DSLR camera… So I sold everything and bought few analogs cameras, a scanner… and a small and cool X100S !

Generaly I take the ricoh GR1S loaded with b&w roll, this one blew my mind but i’m also afraid to lose the lcd screen…I take as well a Yashica T4 with some color film and my X100S who is my only digital camera. Then i take all the time a backup sweater and beanie (or cap) to be comfy all day, some usb sticks, tools, backup batterys and a funny gopro… and voilà !

My big regret is all the time the same… I don’t take enough pictures !! I was in berlin and i only shot one roll during one week ! hit me !

And there is few others guys at home :

You guys can check my tumblr at :
and my flickr (same content) :
Also my graphic design website on cargo :

Feel free to ask my anything or share stuff with my, love from France !

Thanks for sharing your bag, Raphaël. Nice little collection you have there.
Check out the links and make sure you come and comment.

Keep them coming folks, we need more submissions, so get your bag on Send me a hi resolution image of the bag. Optimum size is 620×473. Please ensure there is a bag in the shot, unless you don’t use one. The more you can write about yourself the better, make it appealing and tell us a story. Oh and don’t forget your contact details (twitter, flickr, tumbler et al). Send the bag shots here. Please understand that there is a long wait now as there is a backlog of submissions. Not all make the cut, so make sure yours is funny/interesting/quirky. And please make sure the shot is of good quality, as the ones that are not do not go up.

13 comments on “In your bag No: 1154 – Raphaël Ott”

Martin March 28, 2015 at 9:33 pm / Reply

Does anyone knows what make is that bag?

Raphaël March 29, 2015 at 4:36 am /

Hi Martin, the bag is from Chrome it’s the “orlov”. Chrome is a brand who make bag for bike messenger and communting, large and waterproof pocket !

Spencer March 28, 2015 at 11:48 pm / Reply

Martin, that’s a Chrome backpack. Orlov, Pawn or Ivan, depending on size.

Raphaël, great work, man. 22 Sep 2014 is something else.

Ulysses March 28, 2015 at 11:49 pm / Reply

That’s a chrome bag

Daniel March 29, 2015 at 12:20 am / Reply

I read this with an accent. Anyway, my gear is shrinking too. Nice setup.

Raphaël March 29, 2015 at 4:45 am /

Actualy i switch my fuji for a ricoh GR … The x100s is amazing but finaly to big for me. My only regret is the iso capacity of the Fuji. But having a compact apsc hooked to my pant or in my pocket is priceless !

Oh, beside the point, i buy a “flashair” sd card from Toshiba, if your looking for a wifi card cheaper than eyefi go for it ! Working great with my iphone and jpeg shoots!

Florian March 29, 2015 at 12:57 am / Reply here you can find the bag!

Mach March 29, 2015 at 4:45 am / Reply

what is this bag ?

Martin March 29, 2015 at 10:40 am / Reply

Thanks for the info. Is just that Bellamy and I are working in a small project about camera bags. Stand by for when he releases the article :)

Harley March 30, 2015 at 12:52 am / Reply

absolutely love your work Raphaël! both photography and graphic design (in which i’m studying) how are you liking the gr1s? keep it up!

Raphaël March 30, 2015 at 8:54 pm /

Thanks Harley, nice gallery too ! Actually i switch and upgrade my graphic design stuff on Behance (link in the cargo link) !

The first think I like with the Ricoh is the size, more compact than a mju 2 or the yashica T4, the two are a bit bulky. Hands feeling is also very very cool, strong and heavy feelings ! With the aperture and exposure compensation you are more free than others compacts and that lovely ! Although I would like speed priority too… But my first roll on it blow my mind ! Like I said the only think that i really don’t like with this guy is the fragility of the LCD screen, mine is okay but i don’t take this guy all the time with me to avoid to weaken it. That why I bought the last digital GR. But maybe one day i sell my GR1S to buy something less fragile like a Contax but i probably miss the wide angle … !

Luismi March 31, 2015 at 4:05 am /

Don’t worry too much about the LCD, mine started to fail but a local repair shop repaired it easily.

Dan April 2, 2015 at 2:19 am / Reply

Really like your tumblr, Raphaël. Embracing the grain is what it’s all about, great stuff.