In your bag No: 872 – Bolun Chen

In your bag 872, Bolun Chen
Check out this Leica lovers bag. Quite possibly the first bag with bottles of Tabasco. Check it out.

My name is Bolun Chen. I am are street photographer based in Perth, Western Australia. (Where the missing flight MH370 might be..)

I am 23 years old and currently studying Master of Architecture.

This is a photo of what I normally carry when travel. But when doing street photography, only the Leica M9 and either 35 or 50 is carried.

The equipment list are:

Leica M9 with Leica Ostrich strap
50mm Summilux f1.4 ASPH
35mm Summilux f1.4 ASPH
SF 240D Leica flash with off shoe Nikon sc-17 cable (with TAP AND DYE hand strap)
Leica Charger with an apple adapter
Car adapter for the charger
6 Leica M9 batteries
Giottos Rocket Blower
Giottos lens solution

Gitzo basalt light weight tripod, with Leica ballhead
Polaroid SX-70 land camera SONAR
Ipad 2
Macbook Pro
ipod
Leica mouse pad

Shure in-earphone blue limited edition
TISSOT TOUCH watch
Jack Daniels 50ml
2X TABASCO 3.7ml
Emporio Armani sunglasses
Sagawa Fujii’s glasses
Moleskine notebook version Helvetica

Billingham Leica and Billingham handly pro are the bags for these gears.

Thank you and please keep the awesomeness coming!
Best Regards

Bolun Chen

Thanks for the bag shot, Bolun. I am intrigued by the Tabasco.
Check out the links and make sure you come and comment.

Keep them coming folks, we need more submissions, so get your bag on Japancamerahunter.com. Send me a hi resolution image of the bag (please make sure it is horizontal) and its contents, with some details about yourself and what you shoot. Oh and don’t forget your contact details (twitter, flickr, tumbler et al). Send the bag shots here. Please understand that there is a long wait now as there is a backlog of submissions. Not all make the cut, so make sure yours is funny/interesting/quirky. And please make sure the shot is of good quality, as the ones that are not do not go up.

12 Responses to In your bag No: 872 – Bolun Chen

Lou May 12, 2014 at 6:22 pm

Most obscenely expensive gear pack in quite a while, and it belongs to a student… I think I’m gonna quit following this.

Bolun Chen May 14, 2014 at 6:13 pm

I think people focus too much on the term ‘student’. ;) He actually worked hard for these, so please chill and keep following

Sam C May 12, 2014 at 7:46 pm

I was waiting for an explanation for the Tabasco sauce, some kind of freakishly spicy bourbon-based cocktail perhaps…Nothing like shooting with a buzz on.

luca May 12, 2014 at 10:48 pm

Everything is changing, from the past students with some soviet cheap camera to new student with Leica, Summilux Billingham bag and Armani glasses……well congrat to your dad!
Btw sorry but a bottle of Jack Daniels in a photo bag personally isn’t something to be proud. :)

Bolun Chen May 13, 2014 at 11:40 pm

Hi Luca how’s it going? Everything is changing indeed, the difference is the new students work as well as study, and thus saves up for Leica, one’s dream camera. Also the camera is sourced second hand, which is significantly cheaper than the new one ;) Have a little bit of whiskey at the end of sunset shooting on the beach is actually very inspiring. Nothing to be proud of, just some weird personal hoppy I suppose ;)

Thomas Roessler May 13, 2014 at 5:24 pm

The demonstration of wealth is so boring. People who show a very simple equipment (e.g. a Rollei 35 some weeks before) linked to phantastic work are really impressing.

Bolun Chen May 14, 2014 at 6:15 pm

I think people focus too much on the term ‘student’. This is not a demonstration of wealth, but like Bellamy said, it’s just a Leica lover’s bag:)

Bolun Chen May 13, 2014 at 11:35 pm

Great to see my photo finally on the site! Thank you Bellamy for posting this ;)
To me Tabasco is a great companion with fresh oysters, which is quite popular here. They are very easy and cheap to get at the fish markets in Perth. I always seem to go there at the end of my street photo shots and have some fresh oysters with tabasco source to finish the day of shooting.