Show us your film : The JCH Stash

Show us your film : The JCH Stash
I was having a chat with Dan K the other day and we thought it might be fun to what what film people have in their stash. I know some of us have got ridiculous film stashes, so it might be fun to see them.

I don’t have a ridiculous hidey hole of film, I generally buy what I need as it is easy for me to do so in Tokyo. But there are things that you just cannot get, so if I find them I buy as much as I can. Unless I get a good price, and then I just buy loads anyway. Excuse the chocolate.

_DSF5357
As you can see there are a few unusual things in there.
Loads of Rollei film, some Super Presto, E100, Kodak 110, Solaris 126 and a few other bits and bobs.

_DSF5358

One of my personal favourites is the Kodak Aero PX, which I have not shot yet as I want to find the right situation for the film. It was given to me by a good friend who also happens to be a film collector.

_DSF5359

I also like the Supra and the Eagle surveillance film. I am definitely going to be shooting all of these at some point.

_DSF5361

This one though, I will not be shooting. It is way past it, and has not been kept in the cool for a long time. I just love having it. It is a really remarkable film, reversal 120 that can be shot anywhere from 100 to 1000 iso. That is pretty amazing.

I would love to see you collections, so if you want to send them in feel free. Perhaps you can include a couple of shots taken with your favourite films, that would be fun. Send your film stash. Who knows, if enough people do it, it might become a regular thing.

10 comments on “Show us your film : The JCH Stash”

Demetri December 12, 2013 at 9:02 pm / Reply

Brilliant!

Blaine December 12, 2013 at 11:40 pm / Reply

Fuji 100/1000 is a really interesting stock. It’s actually really easy to push and cross process at home. Great article; I’d love to share my stash.

John Berner December 13, 2013 at 3:38 am / Reply

Sent! Always happy to share my stash.

Joaquin Sierra December 13, 2013 at 12:51 pm / Reply

Oh, and some Kodachrome 64…

ZDP-189 December 13, 2013 at 4:12 pm / Reply

Dude, that’s nothing.

THIS is a film fridge:

That’s not including the stuff at home and in my office.

– Dan K

Bellamy December 13, 2013 at 5:10 pm /

Now that is what I am talking about. That is what I want to see.

Scott W December 14, 2013 at 6:37 am /

ZDP – Looks like you need to get out and shoot more! Just kidding. ;-) You are a “prepper” in the film sense… Very cool! I’ve been buying up packs of Fuji FP3000b lately.

Scott W December 14, 2013 at 6:39 am / Reply

Nice stash Bellamy! Agfa 200, nice! Wish I had some of that!

mark December 18, 2013 at 1:28 pm / Reply

sweet jebuz where would I even start.

spread between 1 (full) bar fridge, a sizeable proportion of my main fridge, and a upright freezer … more than enough to shoot through the impending zombie… I mean film, apocalypse

Dan may (does) have more 35mm than me but I think my stash of 120 particularly the subsection of discontinued IR and tranny film, and 4×5 colour, IR and Agfa Brovia 4×5 (for paper negatives) trumps it.

Filmwaster December 24, 2013 at 6:58 am / Reply

Wanted: Fujifilm Quickload & Kodak Readyload film.
    Please email cost & availability. Recent expiration preferred.
    Thank you.