In your bag No: 699 – Guoman L

In your bag No: 699, Guoman L
One of the simplest, erm, setups that has been on the site. Come and see what it is all about.

My name is Guoman L. I am 26 years old. I am a freelancing photographer based in Vancouver BC Canada. I love human faces. As a result, I happen to be  a headshots and portraits photographer. I believe minimalist photography, so most of my photographs contain simple elements. I’ve been a fan of the blog of what’s in my bag. It is a great way to discover some unique vintage cameras. So here are some of my essential stuff when I go for a shot.

Pentax Spotmatic with a Takumar 50mm f1.8

Reflector (forgot to put in the picture)

Macbook pro 13′ retina ( powerful beast for postproduction)

Fujifilm color Superia 200

Passport notebook

My brand logo (LoL)

Here are some of my works

Lemon-portrait.squarespace.com

Guoman

Thanks for sharing your gear, as it is not really a bag shot at all. Still, nice to see someone using the Pentax Spotmatic.
Check out the links and make sure you come and comment.

Keep them coming folks, we need more submissions, so get your bag on Japancamerahunter.com. Send me a hi resolution image of the bag (please make sure it is horizontal) and its contents, with some details about yourself and what you shoot. Oh and don’t forget your contact details (twitter, flickr, tumbler et al). Send the bag shots here. Please understand that there is a long wait now as there is a backlog of submissions. Not all make the cut, so make sure yours is funny/interesting/quirky. And please make sure the shot is of good quality, as the ones that are not do not go up.

8 comments on “In your bag No: 699 – Guoman L”

Urban Hafner November 19, 2013 at 8:20 pm / Reply

I do love the design of the Spotmatic. But where’s the bag?

Bellamy November 20, 2013 at 7:10 am /

Yeah, I know.

debmalyasinha November 19, 2013 at 10:06 pm / Reply

That takumar is a mean little instrument. I really liked the neat and minimalist arrangement.

Roberto November 20, 2013 at 1:22 am / Reply

Nice pictures in your tumblr ;)

Jonathan Desmond November 20, 2013 at 1:49 pm / Reply

Another Vancouverite! We should meet up sometime! Love the black and white and the approach to your subjects.

Good point about the “no bag”. Would be curious what’s used to carry it all. I’ve tried to shoot with my iPhone in one hand and camera in the other and … without autofocus it’s really tough… not to mention a disaster waiting to happen.

Brian November 20, 2013 at 5:04 pm / Reply

What, no bag?! Disgraceful!

Good work though. Nice to see a Spotmatic in the mix… the Pentax SL was my first great camera :-)

Lee November 21, 2013 at 6:07 am / Reply

Wow. Nice to see a PENTAX here. It’s like the other extreme on the camera price spectrum. On one end you have Leica, and the other end you have PENTAX.

When you hold a PENTAX, you know it is design by photographer.

p.s. give this guy a break, if you use PENTAX, you possibly cannot afford a bag.
    (I use PENTAX). :-)