In your bag No: 690, Princess Joy Villa
Princess Joy Villa is a larger than life, multi talented artist, and she also happens to be the girlfriend on Mr. Thorsten Overgaard. When Thorsten (here and here)shared his bags he also shared Joy’s bag. And I am glad he did. We need more lady bags on the site. Check it out.
Joy Villa is an artist, actress, singer songwriter and a model. And when she is not busy doing all of that she writes poetry, dances, paints and writes books on health and nutrition. When does she find time to sleep? I don’t know, but she also found time to share her lovely bag with us all. I have met Joy and I can say this bag definitely reflects her personality. She certainly lights up the room with her energy for everything. Over to Joy’s bag…
The bag of Princess Joy Villa
1. Louis Vuitton Neverfull bag from Singapore. Note the little name tag with JOY in gold letters. That one doesn’t normally come with it, but you can order it as a special personalization.
2. Louis Vuitton Sunglasses from Perth, Australia. For true rockstar style.
3. iPhone 4s with LEGO cover. I Instagram a lot and it’s awesome, so you can follow me @joyvilla.
4. MO851 scarf from Montreal, in fuscia. The perfect warm thing when you need it.
6. Spare toothbrush, from some airline, somewhere.
7. Dr. Price’s Electrolyte Mix. Great for keeping the hydration up all day long!
8. Dr. Price’s Organic Life Liquid Vitamins. I’m addicted, it gives me platy of energy to travel, workout and take photos. The sleek little packs are so portable.
9. I’m always ready to jump onto a stage and perform with my own tracks. So I bring my own cable to connect to the soundboard. One of those small details that can drive everybody mad and running around. So I got my own.
10. Neon Pink Sharpie. I saw this in Florida, and immediately had to buy it. Perfect for signing autographs.
11. Hermés notebook MM with lined paper. I’m always writing, journaling, and keeping track of my To Do lists.
12. Joy Villa business cards. These I had made in Hong Kong by a sweet old printer who has been in business for 62 years. They are pink on one side and with metallic pink lettering on the other side. They simply say, “www.joyvilla.com“. Classic.
13. Hello Kitty Nail File. A gift from a 10 year old friend in Copenhagen! I keep my nails long, and this is indispensable.
14. Hermés Eau D’Orange Verte Body Lotion. Luxuriously moisturizing and light, I use it especially on long flights.
15. Chanel Mini eyeshadow brush. I always snag the little brushes from the counters when I buy products. This was from Chanel in Paris.
16. M.A.C BB Cream. It has beautiful coverage and moisturizes at the same time, plus an SPF of 25. Booyah!
17. Urban Decay two headed Eyeshadow Brush.
18. M.A.C Red Lipstick in Ruby Woo. I know form experience that an event or photoshoot can happen at any time, so I am never without it!
19. Kat von D Eyeliner. This amazing tattoo artist’s makeup line from Sephora is just perfect, especially her liner here. I love creating “cat eyes”.
20. Kabuki Brush for blending face powders.
21. Chanel Mini Blush brush. Another one I snatched from the perfume counter at Chanel in Paris. It’s lasted forever!
22. Louis Vuitton Damier Cosmetics Case. It’s red inside (very sexy) and has pockets for lipstick and more.
23. Flower. This goes in my hair, and makes me feel like I’m always in the islands.
24. Safety pins. I am size 4 and 5’10, so the dresses don’t always fit.
25. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Quad. I chose my top favorites and popped them into the tin. Always camera ready.
26. Leica M9 with Leica 50mm Summicron-M f/2.0 (Version II) and lens metal lens hood 12254. Annie Barton 1972 braided camera strap. Super sexy.
27. Pussy gas lighter. For lighting fires and getting into trouble… I just love the look on her face.
28. M.A.C Shine Blush. For all my glimmer and glow moments.
29. Passport. It’s definitely a girls best accessory! Thorsten von Overgaard and I travel to over 20 countries a year.
30. SHURE SE435 in-ear headphones for flights and running. And spontaneous dancing, which happens alot.
31. Leica D-Lux 6 that I mainly use for videos. You can see one I made here from Copenhagen Fashion week. I also have an EVF for it, and the lively brown leather case.
32. Bob Marley earrings. I found these in Los Angeles for $2. Thats right, $2. They match everything I own.
33. Purple iPhone cable I bought in Singapore. Color is just better.
34. California ID. Born and bred in California, now dominating New York.
35. My Family Photo: I keep a piece of my family with me wherever I go. My parents passed away a few years ago. They shaped everything about who I am today, I love them dearly.
36. Vitamins. I’m a pill popper throughout the day. E, Flax, C, B12, and Cal Mag. The only anti-depressants I need.
37. MacBook Air 11″ with Snow White, Leica and glittery decals. I use this for everything, even editing photos and videos. It has Lightroom and Final Cut Pro X, as well as my manuscripts, songs, articles, journals, and my upcoming book, “The Fit and Sexy Vegan” (launching on indiegogo.com this Dec).
38. Keyring with notepaper. A smart handy little thing that is easy to use for capturing emails, it fits in the loop on the top of the bag. I bought it in a Tokyo 7-11!
39. Pink fluff. from Hong Kong. It used to be larger and longer, but our friends dog in Copenhagen fell in love with it and, well, the rest is history.
40. SD-card reader. It also reads many other memory cards.
41. Thunderbolt cable.
42. iPad Mini. I load maps so I don’t get lost.
43. Raw Bar, raw, filled with nuts, and vegan. Just like my life.
44. LaCie Rugged 1TB Thunderbolt drive for videos and images.
45 … as you can see, I forgot my charger for the computer. CRAP, I always do!
Thanks for being kind enough to share your bag Joy. This one is definitely the most girly that has been on the site. Hope to see you in Tokyo again sometime soon.
Check out the links and make sure you come and comment.
Keep them coming folks, we need more submissions, so get your bag on Japancamerahunter.com. Send me a hi resolution image of the bag (please make sure it is horizontal) and its contents, with some details about yourself and what you shoot. Oh and don’t forget your contact details (twitter, flickr, tumbler et al). Send the bag shots here. Please understand that there is a long wait now as there is a backlog of submissions. Not all make the cut, so make sure yours is funny/interesting/quirky. And please make sure the shot is of good quality, as the ones that are not do not go up.