In your bag No: 634, Jeffrey Wu
A cool bag and some cool glasses. Jeff brings us his bag from NYC. A mix of classic and modern Leica gear, this is very much a big city street shooters bag. Come and check it out.
I think your website has a wealth of information regarding film photography, and one day, I hope you will be called to help me find some exotic photographic item. In the meantime, I thought I would share what’s in my (photography) bag.
Recently, I acquired a Ona Bowery dark truffle leather bag, to carry around something less than my old Billingham Hadley Pro. It’s a wonderful bag for carrying a Leica M kit. I admit here that I cheated a bit since some of this kit is carried on my person, rather than “in my bag.”
Principally, I shoot street photography and my family (mainly, my 2-yr. old daughter). I make a living doing something entirely different (let’s say) but photography is really my creative outlet. In no small part due to your website and articles, I recently acquired a Weltzar Leica M6, which I am learning, and learning to adore.
OK, onto the main attraction: what’s in my bag?
1) Leica M Monochrom (oh, I simply love the Leica MM);
2) Leica M6 non-TTL Weltzar type with flaring 0.72 OVF;
3) Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1,4 ASPH blk (my favorite lens of all time);
4) Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2,0 ASPH chrome (small and sharp) and original Leitz 12585h vented lens hood;
5) Leica Super-Elmar-M 21mm f/3,4 ASPH blk (favorite wide angle) and I don’t use a 21mm OVF;
6) B+W UV filter E39; B+W 3x solid ND filter E46;
7) 2 rolls of Kodak Portra 400, 1 roll of Ilford Delta 400 (B&W); 1 roll of Ilford Delta 3200 (B&W)(for off-the-chart grain);
8) Artisan and Artist leather strap for M6 and silk strap for MM;
9) Oakley original Frogskins (coolest sunglasses ever);
10) Shure SE535 earbuds (BEST earbuds on the planet);
11) Apple iPhone 5 and Mophie air case + battery charger for iPhone 5;
12) New York City MTA unlimited monthly card;
13) Lint free cloth for kit;
14) Rocket blower for occasional cleaning;
15) MM spare batteries x 2;
16) Amazon Kindle paperwhite edition;
17) Old Nikkor lens bag for unused Leica lens; and
18) Louis Vuitton Taiga leather wallet in chocolate (it’s lasted like 5-years and been through about 10 wash cycles in my pants).
Keep up the great work Bellamy, and fighting for the survival of film. Hope I require your services someday, to find me that special photographic item.
Thanks for reading about my bag.
Thanks for sharing your bag with us Jeff, that certainly is a very stylish street bag. I love the glasses.
There is no link, so if you have one, please send it to me. Make sure you guys come and comment to spread the camera love.
Keep them coming folks, we need more submissions, so get your bag on Japancamerahunter.com. Send me a hi resolution image of the bag (please make sure it is horizontal) and its contents, with some details about yourself and what you shoot. Oh and don’t forget your contact details (twitter, flickr, tumbler et al). Send the bag shots here. Please understand that there is a long wait now as there is a backlog of submissions. Not all make the cut, so make sure yours is funny/interesting/quirky. And please make sure the shot is of good quality, as the ones that are not do not go up.