In your bag No: 605 – Alan Cook

In your bag No: 605, Alan Cook
Another day another Paul (Actually it is Alan, and I am an idiot). This time Alan comes from the USA and brings us two bags instead of one. What value! Two for one. And one of them has a camera that everyone seems to want at the moment.

Hi there!

I’m a designer living in Portland, OR and here are two of my bags. These are just two typical setups that I use a lot (I hope its ok to have more than one!)

Bag 1:

Ona Brixton in Smoke

B+W Series VIII ND Filter

Macbook Air 11″

Macbook Air Charger

Leica M Typ 240 with Silver MS Optical 50mm Sonnetar 1.1, Gordy Strap

EVF in a case

Leica 90mm Summicron

Leica 35mm Summilux ASPH

Leica 21mm Summilux ASPH

Pencil Sharpener

Adorama Slinger Wallet with extra batteries, cards, filters, microfiber, etc.

Pencil Case

Bag 2:

Billingham Hadley Digital (Black with Tan Trim)

EVF case

Motorola Droid RAZR HD MAXX

Adorama Slinger Wallet with extra batteries, cards, filters, step up ring, etc.

Olympus E-PL5 with VF-2, Olympus 17mm 1.8, and Gordy Strap

Olympus 12mm f/2

OIympus 45mm f/1.8

For those who want to know, I use the Billingham to carry the Leica and two extra lenses all the time as well. It just depends on what I need that day!

You can check out my actual photography at

Thanks much! Enjoying the series a lot, hope you continue with it!
Alan Cook

Thanks for sharing your bags with us Alan. Very simple setups you have there. I think that is the first Leica M we have had on the site too.
Check out the links and make sure you come and comment.

Keep them coming folks, we need more submissions, so get your bag on Send me a hi resolution image of the bag (please make sure it is horizontal) and its contents, with some details about yourself and what you shoot. Oh and don’t forget your contact details (twitter, flickr, tumbler et al). Send the bag shots here.

8 comments on “In your bag No: 605 – Alan Cook”

Jonathan August 16, 2013 at 9:55 am / Reply

Amazing pics!

Adil August 16, 2013 at 11:17 am / Reply

Bag one is pretty much my dream set up. How do you like the brixton? I was considering investing in the leather version of it. It costs more but it seems to also last more …

Alan Cook August 16, 2013 at 1:57 pm / Reply

Bellamy, my name is Alan! Not sure where you got Paul from…

Adil – The Brixton is good, I do have some complaints though. The strap is made of smooth seatbelt like material that slips too much… the shoulder pad slides around too easily. I would love for there to be flaps over the front pockets, for peace of mind. And I would love a model smaller than the brixton but bigger than the bowery. I actually love the waxed canvas finish.

Bellamy August 16, 2013 at 2:44 pm /

Ohhhh bugger. Sorry! I sahll change that immediately.

Jason August 17, 2013 at 8:18 pm / Reply

I think this is the first bag with the M240. Congrats. I am sending my congratulations because I know the wait list is long.

Noriman August 18, 2013 at 3:49 pm / Reply

Hey Alan. Cool gears you have there. What color is your EPL-5? Is that a brown color i see?

Alan Cook August 19, 2013 at 1:38 pm / Reply

It’s a silver E-PL5 with a beige leather emboss skin from Aki-Asahi.

Alan Cook August 19, 2013 at 1:40 pm / Reply

It also has the Large Olympus Pen Grip (white) – the tan of the grip sort of matches the leatherette and gives a much better handling to the camera.