In your bag No: 536 – Rory Gatfield

In your bag No: 536, Rory Gatfield
A while back I found a nice camera for Rory, and now he has been kind enough to share his bag with said camera. And a great bag it is too. Total film heaven. Check it out.

Anyone who knows me, knows that i always have a camera on me, and with this setup, it’s going to be easier than ever to document my life surroundings. I am from New Zealand, but am in Northwest Australia, in a mining town. Moving to Melbourne later this year. I am still shooting digital, but love film more and more these days. Although i have been shooting film for a few months now with a Canon 7 and more recently this Leica, i haven’t got anything online yet. But will in time.

Here is my ‘in your bag’ shot.

1x Sunglasses, polarized.
1x Leica M6 ttl 0.85 with Voigtlander 35mm ƒ/2.5 and leather strap.
1x Hat.
20x Ilford XP2 400.
10x Kodak Tmax 400.
2x japancamerahunter film cases
1x Air duster.
1x Notebook
1x Multi color pen.
1x Marker
1x F-Stop Millar Bandon bag

If anyone wants to see my digital stuff online, i have a blog/facebook/flickr:

Thanks again.

Thanks for sharing your bag with us Rory. It is great to see that M6 being put to good use. Happy shooting.
Check out the links and make sure you come and comment.

Keep them coming folks, we need more submissions, so get your bag on Send me a hi resolution image of the bag (please make sure it is horizontal) and its contents, with some details about yourself and what you shoot. Oh and don’t forget your contact details (twitter, flickr, tumbler et al). Send the bag shots here.

8 comments on “In your bag No: 536 – Rory Gatfield”

Jason Howe June 7, 2013 at 10:22 am / Reply

Hey Rory, greetings from Tauranga.

If I’m honest, all anyone would really need in a bag, love the M6.

Cheers, Jason.

Spring Nguyen June 7, 2013 at 10:43 am / Reply

what kind of hat is that?

ZDP-189 June 7, 2013 at 4:02 pm / Reply

I’m fascinated to know why you combine Tri-X 400 with XP2 in the same bag.

Mark June 7, 2013 at 5:50 pm / Reply

G’day Rory from out near Canberra.

Sweet bag. I had the CV35/2.5 and didn’t gel with it, but I know I’m in the minority and some folks love ‘em, and do amazing work with them.

Can I ask how you scored the f-stopbag – near impossible to source in Oz, as I ws itching for a Millar Shibata but couldn’t find one for the life of me.

John Salvon June 7, 2013 at 11:03 pm /

I think you can order them from the states, $5 shipping worldwide. I bought a Loka from them last year and it was shipped from there, probably the same with Millar.

Mark June 10, 2013 at 5:08 pm /

Thanks John. I’ll have another look – last shipping cost I saw was about USD40.

$5 is very reasonable indeed.

Rory June 7, 2013 at 6:15 pm / Reply

Hi all.

I’m really loving the m6 still, i have been using it a lot but saving the film from developing because it’s expensive to do so where i’m living at the moment.

The hat is from Dropdead UK.

I have the different film from internet order that was cheap, i’m still leaning the differences so i am willing to try anything right now.

Fstop bag i got from their website a while ago, but i had to wait for a backorder at the time. I’m guessing its pretty popular stuff as i was hard to get at the time, about 2 years ago now.

Jasper June 10, 2013 at 12:24 am / Reply

Why would you buy a hat that says that? It’s just horrible