In your bag No: 458 – Daniel Weiss

In your bag 458, Daniel Weiss
Daniel is a man of few words it would seem. So we shall let his bag and his work speak for itself.

Daniel Weiss from NYC.
I mostly take documentary style portraits of people I don’t know.

The equipment I use:

Billingham bag

Leica M2 w 35mm Summicron

Leica M4-p w 50mm summicron

Leica 28mm Elmarit

A good amount of Tri-X at all times.

Sekonic meter

Thanks for sharing your bag with us Daniel. I admire the simplicity of it.
Check out the links and make sure you come and comment.

Keep them coming folks, we need more submissions, so get your bag on Send me a hi resolution image of the bag (please make sure it is horizontal) and its contents, with some details about yourself and what you shoot. Oh and don’t forget your contact details (twitter, flickr, tumbler et al). Send the bag shots here.

12 comments on “In your bag No: 458 – Daniel Weiss”

Alex March 21, 2013 at 8:47 am / Reply

Some great photos in chapter 1 and 2 on your site.

Alex K March 21, 2013 at 9:08 am / Reply

Really amazing stuff ch.1 & ch.2 as the other Alex said.

Liked the ‘go fast, turn left’ series as well. The word raw is over used, but certainly some raw images throughout that compilation.

Andy Piper March 21, 2013 at 10:23 am / Reply

Very nice pictures on your photo blog and website – everyone should check these out! What Billingham bag is this in the photo? Can I ask, do you print in the darkroom, or scan and inkjet print? I am also curious what you do for development – really nice consistant work! Thanks

Daniel Weiss March 22, 2013 at 11:58 pm /

Hey Andy,

Glad you enjoyed the work.
      I process everything in D-76, then scan it with an epson v700.
      Unfortunately I don’t get into the darkroom enough.
      As Chris Pointed out in the comment below, it is indeed a Billingham Hadley bag.

Chris Lake March 21, 2013 at 10:51 am / Reply

NIce work. Seriously, REALLY nice. Googled you and learned from a couple blog articles that you are in your 20’s and apparently have no social media presence whatsoever. Very interesting, that’s some well cultivated mystique there, my man. Refreshing especially considering the plague of obnoxious “street” enthusiasts flooding the internet with a lot of bluster and mediocrity. Love the blog, so much work there and some thoughtful titles to go along with it all. And the bag? Well a Hadley seems to looks best well worn, which you’ve obviously done all on your own. Keep doing what you’re doing and thanks for sharing the great work.

Daniel Weiss March 23, 2013 at 12:10 am /

Thanks Chris for noticing my carefully cultivated mystique, it’s not easy keepin that up … just kidding.
      Hopefully will have some new work up soon.
      Thanks for the kind words.

Jason Mottaz March 21, 2013 at 11:42 am / Reply

Nice clean work. Strong voice and good eye. Good luck on your work, write the book.

Jesse March 21, 2013 at 9:10 pm / Reply

That’s absolutely briliant work on your website Daniel. I love the variation in subject, but al with the same style.

theothertuesday March 21, 2013 at 11:23 pm / Reply

That is really great site. Love the Chapter 2 series very much Daniel!

Mark wylie March 22, 2013 at 7:10 am / Reply

Great colour work in the ‘color blues’ section. I expect your name will become much more known in time! A bright future ahead, me thinks…

Daniel Weiss March 23, 2013 at 12:12 am /

Thanks Mark,
      Hopefully you’re right…

Dani April 12, 2013 at 3:14 am / Reply

Nice work, I really like your style