In your bag No: 454 – Joakim K E Johansson

In your bag 454, Joakim K E Johansson
We have a lovely bag shot today, a really nice one. And it comes from small town Sweden no less. A very cool set up from a different part of the world.

When we are talking about street photography we often imagine that it only happens in really big cities like Paris, New York or Tokyo. But allow me to introduce you to Karlskrona. At the southeastern corner of Sweden you will find this coastal town built on a number of islands. Here resides a county governor, some 30 000 more or less happy inhabitants in the central parts and just 65 000 in the municipality as a whole. Here I live and here I do street photography.

My name is Joakim K E Johansson and I’m a professional communicator at the Swedish Naval Museum. But when my job ends I become my true self – a street photographer. I’m currently working on a project that I call Small Town Streets. My goal is to produce an exhibition and a book about my hometown. Or to be exact – about the people who lives in it.

I work in a classic manner with analogue cameras and film. My favourite film is Kodak TMAX 400 developed in XTOL.

This is what you will find in my camera bag. But to be honest, I rarely use the bag. Mostly I hit the streets with only one of my cameras and an extra roll of film.

Leica M6

Canon 7

Canon Canonet QL17 GIII

Canon Canolite D Flash

Jupiter 8

Jupiter 12

Swedish Army 1940ies bag for gas masks

Website: www.masterpix.se

Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/joakim_kna/

Facebook page: www.facebook.com/JoakimKEJohanssonStreetPhotography

Thanks for sharing you bag with us Joakim, I love that Canon ‘ and the flash on the QL17. Very cool.
Check out the links and make sure you come and comment.

Keep them coming folks, we need more submissions, so get your bag on Japancamerahunter.com. Send me a hi resolution image of the bag (please make sure it is horizontal) and its contents, with some details about yourself and what you shoot. Oh and don’t forget your contact details (twitter, flickr, tumbler et al). Send the bag shots here.

10 comments on “In your bag No: 454 – Joakim K E Johansson”

Vitor Silva March 17, 2013 at 8:35 am / Reply

Hey Joakim, nice bag. I’m considering that Canon 7. How do you like it compared to the Leica M6? IN every regard but especially handling?

Joakim K E Johansson March 18, 2013 at 2:13 am /

Canon 7 is a great camera and I can absolutly recommend it. It’s very much like a Leica in handling. The camera is a little bit bigger, perhaps similar to the M5. The biggest difference is that Canon 7 i easier to load with film.

Samuel Lintern March 26, 2013 at 10:49 pm /

Hi Joakim. I love my Canon SBIV. I have been tempted by a canon P, as it seems to be similar to the 7 but more accessable. How are your russian lenses? I bought a jupiter 8 once only to discover the rear element missing!! Russian quality control. My industar 61 is useless mechanically speaking. However I always find myself browsing russian gear on ebay… something charming about it all.

Best wishes.

Joakim K E Johansson March 27, 2013 at 9:26 pm /

Hello Samuel! I think the Russian lenses are okay. They are of course not like my Canon L-lenses, but I’m satisfied with the result :-)

jla March 17, 2013 at 8:39 am / Reply

In my small town of Kiuruvesi, I don’t really consider street photography viable with under 9000 people. Kuopio is OK at 105 236 but I don’t get to go often.

jenquest March 17, 2013 at 4:42 pm /

I’m sure you don’t need too many people in a town/village in order to take part. You’ll find there are very few rules, if any.

Dave Green March 20, 2013 at 6:32 am / Reply

Nice bag,nice pics…I like your story too. Thanks for sharing.

gb hill March 23, 2013 at 11:39 pm / Reply

Love your street work Joakim. The Canonet was my 1st entry into RF…nice! :)