Dodge and Burn Prints *UPDATE*

Dodge and Burn Prints
Ted over at Dodge and Burn HQ has been a very busy man, what with the huge popularity of his T-shirts and new releases coming all the time. And now he has put out something lovely for all you camera buffs. The new Dodge and Burn Evolution TLR prints. And you have the chance to win one!

I love my Dodge and Burn T-shirts. The quality of the shirts is really high and the different classic camera designs are awesome. So imagine my surprise when I got a package in the post the other day from Ted at D&B. The last time that happened I got some really cool shirts, so I tore the package open in anticipation of something new. And something new it was. A beautifully made art print showing the evolution of the TLR camera.

This thing is seriously gorgeous and is going to look absolutely awesome on my wall. It is big too at 20.5 x 28.5 inches (50.7cm x 72.39cm for everywhere that isn’t America).  Printed on archival American-made Coventry Rag Paper, the quality really stands out the moment you open the box. The stamp on the bottom of the print is a really nice touch too. Each print is numbered and comes with a certificate of authenticity and a couple of beefy looking bulldog clips for you to use. And at $75 of your Yankee dollars, they are a bargain too.

Look at that, huh? Number one! Sadly, this is not mine, though I wish it was.
It is these little touches that really make this print for me. These are a beautiful visual history of some of the cameras that we love. I am a true camera geek, so I will have this one the wall in my office (shrine), next to the schematic blueprint on the Nikon F3 that I was given a while back.

Currently only the Evolution TLR poster is available, but there will be more designs in the future, and this is where you guys come in. We are having a competition, a giveaway. In collaboration with Dodge and Burn we will give one print to a randomly selected reader. All you need to do is answer this simple question in the comments section below:
What classic camera(s) would you like to see on the next Dodge and Burn poster?

And we have a winner! Congratulations to Doug Lynch. Doug wins a delightful Serigraph print. Well done Doug.

Please only one comment per person. Ted and I will select one comment and the person will be notified, so please make sure you use a valid e-mail address in the comments. Oh and keep it clean, offensive and spam comments will be deleted.

Check out the Dodge & Burn website www.dodgeandburn.com for their fine range of T-shirts and prints. The range is expanding all the time and the classic designs really show your love for cool cameras. You can also follow D&B on Twitter.

74 Responses to Dodge and Burn Prints *UPDATE*

Max March 27, 2013 at 3:53 pm

Hasselblad 500C/M. One of the, if not the most beautiful cameras ever.
Leica M3 disassembled and each part sorted and listed would be very cool to look at.
Progression of the Yashica rangefinder models (at the moment I use a Yashica 35cc and it’s a really cool camera!)

Jukka Watanen March 27, 2013 at 5:11 pm

I would love to see a print where a 8X10 field camera and a contact copy of an image made with it would be compared to a leica, a contact copy of a negative made with it PLUS a quality enlargement.. with text: Avoid Unnecessary Bulk, Concentrate in the essential: QUALITY…

Tristan Parker March 27, 2013 at 5:16 pm

Evolution of the rangefinder. Leica included, but to stay in line with the TLR poster I think it needs to be a model rather than a brand…

SLR would work as well…

Or evolution of the folder…

Meinou March 27, 2013 at 5:33 pm

I’d love a poster of my trusted old Olympus OM-2.
Its my dads old camera. He gave it to me years ago when he bought a digital one.
Been in love with it ever since :)
So thanks dad!

stanislaw riccadonna zolczynski March 27, 2013 at 5:55 pm

I would like a reflex groundglass type camera like Rollei TLR or Hasselblad pressed to the chest in shooting position, it is, held by hands, life size. Any camera would do but reflex groundglass framing looks really cool especially when looking down with your hands in the pocket. Just hold the real camera pressed to the chest and photograph it with moderate tele at f:16 to avoid a distortion. Good luck.

Victor March 27, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Evolution of the olympus PEN, the legacy of the PEN F till now would be pretty cool! And the ‘f’ font on the lens cap would be interesting to blend in as well.

AvikRC March 27, 2013 at 6:43 pm

I would love to see a print of the Former Soviet Union rangefinders or its lenses. For e.g. a lineup of the Fed or Zorki cameras or Jupiter lenses.

Luke March 27, 2013 at 8:24 pm

I would love a poster of the evolution of Polaroid instant cameras!
Oh! And they could frame it like a Polaroid picture.. Original – I know ;)

Kyle March 27, 2013 at 8:32 pm

Great work. I am just cruising the store now. Japan Camera Hunter’s facebook page brought me over here. I will have to get something for the basement next to my 4′x6′ lens chart.

Florian klug March 27, 2013 at 9:40 pm

I would like to see a Canon A and F Series Poster. I am a Vanon fanboy, i have to admit, and i have to Ae-1 program cameras. A Poster of them in my camera room would be Great.

Jason March 27, 2013 at 10:54 pm

There are so many choices. Ahhhh. My head is going to explode.
The obligatory cameras have already been listed and will give you guys plenty of material to work with: hasselblads Leicas Polaroids.
I would also recommend something about film formats. The evolution of film. 110, aps film, 135, 620, 120, large format, etc. it is something I missed out on and would love to learn and represent.

Graillat Nathan March 28, 2013 at 2:35 am

What about some cute looking camera, take for instance the Ansco Panda, no camera can beat that plasticky-wonder !
Keep on going both of you, Mr.Hunter and D&B !

Wanderography March 28, 2013 at 8:38 am

An evolution of pentax cameras as they did invent the Penta-Prism in SLRs. From the old asahi’s up to the LX, it’d be a niche shirt of course, so I’d say go with what other people said, the polaroid land cameras. Everyone can relate to polaroids no matter what format wether it be digital or film, instant analog photography nothing more sweet than an instant print…

DougLynch March 28, 2013 at 8:58 pm

Wow! This is a tough call—there are so many ways to go here. Do you do evolution of a particular camera style or a camera brand/model? Whatever gets picked, the folks at Dodge and Burn will no doubt rock it. My nominations:
For style:
Subminiature/Spy Camera- Minox, Rollei 35, Olympus Pen
Medium Format SLR – Hassleblad etc.
Large Format Field Camera – Deardorff, etc.
Brand/Model:
Leica M rangefinders
Nikon F

Kenneth Wajda March 30, 2013 at 11:41 am

There’s no beating the TLRs like you made or this one. I have a 3.5F and it’s a dream to use. I shot a senior portrait last year with it. Such a work of art. Like yours! I’d vote for the early Leica rangefinders that made 35mm a viable format, or the Kodak Brownies that put a camera in everyone’s hands.

George Dilks April 3, 2013 at 11:44 pm

Being an olympus trip 35 collector/fanboy I would like to see its parts individually as its simplicity is unrivalled and also according to Mr Brent it was “the second coming”

DougLynch April 5, 2013 at 12:08 am

Thanks so much for the poster, it is indeed delightful. I went with the swank silver version. Can’t wait to see the next addition to the Dodge and Burn collection!

Michael Foley April 13, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Evolution of Polaroid would be awesome, or a schematic or blueprint of an old Leica or Nikon like the M3 or F. A really cool and unique type of camera to highlight would be an underwater camera like the Nikonos; amazing looking machines!

Víctor J.B. April 13, 2013 at 5:51 pm

I´d love to see a Leica M or Olympus OM Series version. The evolution of (probably) two of the most beatiful and influential cameras in the History of Photography.