In your bag 405, Ashley Prigmore
This bag is cool, and not just because of the simple layout, but because of the cameras contained within. Come and have a look at this awesome bag.
My name’s Ashley, I’m a 23 year old student in Manchester, England.
I’ve been shooting film for around 8 months now. It’s become a real passion of mine and I’ve grown to prefer it for certain types of shooting over my digital camera. I got into film photography just through browsing groups on flickR, I liked the colours, tones and grain produced in film and so bought myself a Canon EOS 33. Since then I’ve been reading up and educating myself on film photography. Living in Manchester provides me with a large amount of photo opportunities, and I try to get out for a few hours a day to shoot as part of a long term street project I’m working on. Being a student also means I don’t have a lot of money, but I regulalry search eBay, local camera shops and forums just to see if any bargains pop up.
Although I don’t take all of my film camera’s out at the same time, each one has it’s own use, and fits each use perfectly. Included in the shot is:
- My Canon EOS 33 accompanied by 28mm and 50mm primes.
- A canon AF35-ML which has a built in 40mm f1.9 lens, and cost me just £5! It’s something I can take everywhere and not worry about damage etc.
- A kodak brownie. This was my fathers camera from the 70′s! I’ve not had a chance to run a film through it yet, but after he found it in the attic, I’m itching to experiment with it.
- my iPhone 4. I used to use this soley as a music player and for notes whilst out shooting, but recently I’ve began using the camera a lot more.
- my Ricoh GR1v; this is my favourite camera – it’s such a great size and weight, and has a built in 28mm f2.8 lens which is my favourite focal length.
- Film: you always need film! I shoot most of my film at around ISO-1600, and I’ve found the ones pictured to be great at high ISO. In my freezer, I’ve also got a tonne of Neopan 400, Velvia, provia, sensia, superia and HP5+ (not pictured)
- Spare battery, always carry spares, just in case!
- LensPen. This is one of the best accessories I’ve got, very cheap from amazon but very handy for keeping your gear clean.
My flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ashleyprigmore/
No way, a Kodak Brownie! I have not seen one of those for ages! Great to see one in your bag Ashley. Keep up the good work.
Check out the link and make sure you come and comment.
Keep them coming folks, we need more submissions, so get your bag on Japancamerahunter.com. Send me a hi resolution image of the bag (please make sure it is horizontal) and its contents, with some details about yourself and what you shoot. Oh and don’t forget your contact details (twitter, flickr, tumbler et al). Send the bag shots here.