In your bag 394, Winston Chua
I know that Winston has been waiting for a while to have his bag featured, so here it is finally. A lovely mix of old and new, with a secret camera somewhere inside. Come and have a look.
Mabuhay! That’s how we say hello in the Philippines. I’m Winston Chua from Manila, just a hobby photographer. Pictured here are the different gear that goes into my bag, of course not all at the same time. I mix and match depending on my needs but the Leica M9 and the Canon S100 are staples.
I started with film photography in my teens (80′s) with my dad’s beautiful SLRs. I wasn’t too successful back then because I was just experimenting by my self. Shooting with digital for the past so many years, I started to dabble with film again a few months ago, hopefully to succeed where I have failed as a teenager. As of now, I enjoy using vintage cameras and the interaction film provides but honestly have not fully appreciated the result of film yet. I know I will see the light as I progress with film but it will be unlikely that I will drop digital because I know the pros and cons of each medium.
Here goes the gear run down.
1) Plaubel Makina 670 medium format camera. Great Nikkor 80mm f2.8 lens, gorgeous looks and the most compact MF camera I’ve seen. I just love this beast.
2) Leica M3 dual stroke with rigid 50mm Summircron.
3) Leica M9 with 35mm f2.0, red dot and M9 logo covered. I like the stealth look and it’s also fun to see the puzzled look of the guys in the Leica boutiques, trying to determine which model it is:)
4) Canon S100 as back-up camera or if I need a shot using flash.
5) Canon 7 in black paint with 50mm f1.8 lens. Just got it 2 days ago from Bellamy. Haven’t even finished a roll of film yet. It feels solid and I was surprised the selenium meter still works accurately (compared reading w/ other meter).
6) Leica 50 f1.4 ASPH, 21 f3.4 ASPH and 21mm view finder.
7) Seikonic and Voigtlander meters.
8) JCH Bikkuri case with random films inside. Good quality case.
10) There is a 6th secret camera in the photo for you to find out :)
I’m not active in any photo sharing site so I’m just attaching here some of my shots.
Thanks for looking everyone.
Thanks for sharing your bag and your shots Winston. Sorry it took so long, but there is a bit waiting list. Love seeing that Plaubel, they are amazing.
Check out Winston’s images and come and comment.
Keep them coming folks, we need more submissions, so get your bag on Japancamerahunter.com. Send me a hi resolution image of the bag (please make sure it is horizontal) and its contents, with some details about yourself and what you shoot. Oh and don’t forget your contact details (twitter, flickr, tumbler et al). Send the bag shots here.