My name Za’im Azmi and I’m 15 years old. I live in Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia. I’m still a high school student and still learning photography. I’ve been into photography for 2 years now and I mainly shot street photography since 3 months ago. I’m part of the school magazines team and I shoot photos for it.
I started my interest in photography when I was 13. Been doing some research on camera gears and skills. I started with a Nikon D5000 with a kit lens and I’ve learned a lot about the basics from this camera. I’m not really get into street photography at this time and just started my interest in street photography 3 months ago. I’ve been seeing people over the place shooting street photography using a rangefinder camera and I decided to pick up a Canon Canonet QL17. Just started to shoots film 3 weeks ago. To be honest, using a rangefinder camera is pretty hard in the beginning but you’ll get used to it.
I’m now shooting film and digital but I still mainly use my DSLR because the price of the films and the developing process is expensive. But I’m sure, I will shoots more film in the next few months. Me personally likes film cameras more because it is quieter and a lot lighter. The colours also better than my D5000.
So lets start.
Here is what’s in my camera bag :
– Herringbone Atlantis Medium – It is a great bag! It is also a good looking bag. You can put up to 3 cameras inside. It got a really great comfort. If you want to buy one, check out www.storks.co .
– Nikon D5000 – My first ever camera, great for beginners and it is also pretty easy to use.
– Tamron 18-270mm VC – A great all-around lens! The f/ stop is pretty slow but the lens is pretty sharp. If you’re looking for and all-around lens, this lens is one the best in the market.
– Canonet QL17 and case – My first rangefinder camera and just one word can describe it, Amazing! I got this for pretty great deal, and this camera also got light meter built-in. The lens is rad and fast (40mm f/1.7). Get it now!
– Kodak Ultramax 400 and Fujifilm Superia Xtra 400 – Both are great and cheap tho! The colours are amazing.
– iPhone 4S
– Extra memory card
– USB cable
– Marker pen
No Leica M in my bag ahaha but sure will buy soon.
That’s all what’s in my camera bag and sorry for my bad English! I hope it was clear.
Thanks Japan Camera Hunter, loving your site! Keep on shooting!
Greetings from Malaysia.
Follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/ZaimAzmi
Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/zaimazminikon/ (just started and don’t have many photos)
Instagram : zaimazminikon
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ZaimAzmi.Nikon
Thanks for sharing your bag with us Za’im. It is cool to see someone so you with so much entusiasm. Really infectious.
Check out Za’im’s links and make sure you come and comment.
Keep them coming folks, we need more submissions, so get your bag on Japancamerahunter.com. Send me a hi resolution image of the bag (please make sure it is horizontal) and its contents, with some details about yourself and what you shoot. Oh and don’t forget your contact details (twitter, flickr, tumbler et al). Send the bag shots here.