In your bag number 221, Mario Acevedo
Todays bag comes from Tokyo, although the owner is from the USA. This bag is totally loaded with gear, although I suspect this is a collection more than a bag shot…
Hello, My name is Mario, I’m 21 years old and currently live in Tokyo, Japan. I’m was born and raised in Arizona, USA. I started doing photography about two years ago when I was in South Korea with a friend who loved doing light painting and using fish eye lens. That lead to me getting my first DSLR a Canon T2i (550D) at first started doing light painting and slowly moved to macro photography. About six months later I got another DSLR a Canon 5d MKII and sold my T2i (550D). I wasn’t till I got to Japan that I found my calling in, I fell in love with street photography. I was only shooting digital in a vacation trip back home. I friend lent me his old film rangefinder and again I fell in love with it and the moment I got back purchased one of my own. Doing that started my collection.
· Retrospective 5, its one of three and my most used/favorite bag
· Fuji Xpro-1 w/ Canon 35mm f2 (FD Mount)
· Fuji X100
· Fuji STX2 w/Fujinon 50mm f1.9 (X Mount)
· Canon AE-1 w/ Canon 55mm f1.2 (FD Mount)
· Canon 7 w/ Canon 50mm f1.4 (LSM Mount)
· Yashica GSN ( The rangefinder that started the collection)
· Yashica GT (he will be leaving me soon, he is turning into a gift for a close friend)
· Fujinon 35mm f1.4 (XF Mount)
· Canon 15mm Fisheye f2.8 (EF Mount)
· Canon 100mm Marco f2.8 (EF Mount)
· Canon 28mm f3.5 (FD Mount)
· Canon 580exii
· Spare Batteries and Spare memory cards
· Zune for music on the go
Not in Picture
· Canon 5d MKII w/ 50mm f1.2L (EF Mount)
· Fuji Instax Mini 7s (lent out to a friend)
· Film- Been trying to find the one that I can’t live without so I been going through all kinds of different film
I do try my best to shoot all the cameras I have because I don’t like the idea or fact of any of them collecting dust. I usually pick a pair and that’s what I use for the week and the another pair next week. Having the Retrospective 5 helps my fight the urge of bring to much as I can usually only fit two in the bag comfortably. I love shooting each and every one of my camera as each one is its own character. I already have a running wish list of cameras that I can’t get my eyes off. I know its sounds like am suffering from GAS but I say no it’s a collection that I use.
Thanks for sharing your bag with us Mario. Nice to see another Tokyo face on the site. And nice to see such an interesting collection of cameras.
Check out the links and make sure you come and comment.
Keep them coming folks, we need more submissions, so get your bag on Japancamerahunter.com. Send me a hi resolution image of the bag (please make sure it is horizontal) and its contents, with some details about yourself and what you shoot. Oh and don’t forget your contact details (twitter, flickr, tumbler et al). Send the bag shots here.