In your bag #188 – Antoine Brossault

In your bag number 188, Antoine Brossault
Another bag for you today. Now this time I wouldn’t normally feature an out of focus picture, but this bag is kind of special. It comes to us all the way from Chile and it has a pair of shoes inside!

Hello my name is Antoine Brossault, i’m 23 and i live in Chile since one year. I’m a french guy and I bought my first dslr last year so i’m quite new in the photography world. My work is focused on street photography and street portraits

Like a lot of people i use a Think Tank Retrospective 5, it’s a really cool bag very well built, and pretty discreet.

I shoot digital with a cheap Canon 450d and a Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 and a Canon EF 50mm 1.8. I have also a quick strap on my dslr this accessory is very useful when i shoot in the street and it’s also good to keep discreet. I don’t have money for a Leica M9 and i dont want one for now maybe one day but i’m feeling myself really comfortable with my old DSLR and like Henri Cartier Bresson said “Photography has not changed since its origin except in its technical aspects, which for me are not important”.

My favorite photographer is Eugene Richard

Other stuff in my bag :

A notebook for write some e-mails of the people i shoot in the street
A pen
Some SD cards
My cell phone

Stuff :
A pair of confortable shoes

If you want to take a look on my photos :
I have made a project about the santiago’s subway, and i’m working in two new projects “Looks” and “We are the streets of Santiago”

And if you want to speak about photography don’t hesitate to tweet me!/antoineBr

Like we say in Chile que les vaya bien Chiquillos !

Thanks for sharing your bag Antoine. Next time though could you give us one with sharper focus? Check out the links to Antoine’s work and follow him over on twitter, if that is your thing. Be sure to comment too, we love it when you do.

Keep them coming folks, we need more submissions, so get your bag on Send me a hi resolution image of the bag (please make sure it is horizontal) and its contents, with some details about yourself and what you shoot. Oh and don’t forget your contact details (twitter, flickr, tumbler et al). Send the bag shots here.

10 comments on “In your bag #188 – Antoine Brossault”

Jim June 24, 2012 at 11:33 am / Reply

Nice shoes

Kenri Basar June 24, 2012 at 11:48 am / Reply

This is somewhat like what I (used to) carry but since I am a 5 feet nothing lady, Canon 40D with its standard lenses are neck breaking for me so I’ve switched to M43 – Olympus EPL2 and recently got 2 cheap Russian rangefinder cameras- Fed 5B and Zorki 4K… you can try the later to have the old Leica feel… btw, the shoe doesn’t look very comfortable but guess it works for you… Cheers~

Antoine June 26, 2012 at 11:29 am /

I have a canon AE1 but i just use my DSLR. I’m a guy from the digital age :p And for me the little war film vs digital have no sense. So i prefere spend my time to go out and shoot the streets !
      The shoes are very confortable it’s a pair of Claks shoes, really famous for the confort :p

HeruLS June 24, 2012 at 12:17 pm / Reply

Well nice shoe. But, are you sure to get comfortable with leather shoe for full day shoot? Well, I prefer sneakers :D

Antoine June 26, 2012 at 11:31 am /

When i shoot it’s just for two hours. Because my concentration fall down after 2 hours ^^So i feeling myself really confortable with my old shoes.

steveniphoto June 24, 2012 at 12:38 pm / Reply

for a beginner some of his shots aren’t bad.

rizal June 24, 2012 at 7:10 pm / Reply

Nice….. really like to know how the large pair of shoe could fit into the bag… with all the other kits…… :)

mike June 25, 2012 at 9:59 am / Reply

hang them on the outside.

Mark June 26, 2012 at 2:45 am / Reply

I love your capture of the street. Once again, it’s the photographer, not the camera.

Antoine June 26, 2012 at 11:33 am /

Thanks !!! I’m shooting street-photography only since 3 months so i hope to improve my photos :) Stay tuned !