Camera jewellery by Luke Satoru

Stunning hand made camera jewellery
I was very happy this morning when the postman came with a box that I had been waiting for. Inside was this outstanding piece of handmade jewellery. Read on…*Now available on pre-order*

A few months ago I was fortunate enough to make contact with the extremely talented jeweller Luke Satoru. Luke is not just a jeweller but also a passionate camera buff. He mentioned that he was planning on making some miniature cameras and I thought that the results could be very interesting. I was not wrong, as when I opened the box today I was presented with a beautiful piece of craftsmanship that cannot fail to impress.

At first glance you would look at the lovely Olympus trip and think that it is solid, but you would be wrong. It is crafted in many pieces from brass, which is then sliver plated and hand lacquered. And there is much more to this little beauty than meets the eye…for a start, everything works! You can move the advance winder and everything.

You can open the back and have a good look a the door and the film plane, which has wonderful attention to detail. You can see the passion that has gone into this piece. It is so beautifully put together. I can understand how time consuming this must have been to develop, as I am actually a trained silversmith (in a past life), so I really appreciate how this was made.

You can even use the rewind knob! How cool is that?

I am hoping to sell these in the store really soon, we are also working together to develop some other models, so hopefully we will see some other cool miniature cameras coming too. They are all hand made and they have fantastic craftsmanship.
I would love to hear your thoughts on these lovely little items. What do you think? What cameras would you like to see in miniature? Comment and earn yourself some camera karma.

The miniatures are available for pre-order now, you can do so by clicking here.

You can learn more about Luke Satoru and his beautiful jewellery here

20 comments on “Camera jewellery by Luke Satoru”

Jamie Zucek May 18, 2012 at 3:06 pm / Reply

I would be very tempted by a Polaroid SX-70, my wife is a big fan and would love such a jewelry design. If it actually opened and closed she would feint…

zoolkareem May 18, 2012 at 3:16 pm / Reply

I would like to see a Leica M3 miniature.or a Voigtlander Bessa. :)

Neddy May 18, 2012 at 5:42 pm / Reply

I’d like to see/have a Lomo LC-A miniature

cidereye May 18, 2012 at 6:20 pm / Reply

Well I guess the classics would be a must like the Leica M3, Rolleiflex & Nikon F. :)

cidereye May 19, 2012 at 2:02 pm /

Oooh …..

How could I forget the Olympus OM-1 ???

Alex May 18, 2012 at 10:27 pm / Reply

Leica mp, a Rolleiflex and a nikon FE, a polaroid sx70 would be pretty cool to.

Bellamy May 18, 2012 at 10:56 pm /

Actually a Leica something is probably in the pipeline, as is a Nikon of some kind.

ned May 19, 2012 at 3:40 am / Reply

1. leica M3
    2. nikon FE
    3. whatever, just be sure you`ve did no.1 and 2

keep them coming!

Luke Satoru May 19, 2012 at 4:13 pm / Reply

Thank you Bellamy for the kind words. It means a great deal to have someone like yourself appreciate my work and our shared passion for photography and camera-geekery.

It’s also great to hear the response on what other miniatures people would like to see produced. So far I’m copying my personal collection of camera so there are other items in the works.

Will be working with Bellamy on future releases so keep checkin on JCH.

Mijonju May 21, 2012 at 2:26 pm / Reply

I want one is Konica C35 FD!!!

[…] Camera jewellery by Luke Satoru [Japan Camera Hunter] […]

James Lee May 22, 2012 at 1:38 am / Reply

Get Pentax some love with classic like K1000. Pentax is quite popular in Japan, no?

Johnny May 22, 2012 at 7:15 am / Reply

Hi this is so awesome. Love the attention to detail.

Would really love owning one. Could you pleaes let us know how to purchase these when ready?

Amy May 22, 2012 at 10:20 pm / Reply

A vintage Leica would be gorgeous in a pendant. The only way I could afford one! Ha ha!

Bellamy May 24, 2012 at 3:14 pm / Reply

Actually, it will not be so expensive. We are working out pricing now.

cara May 26, 2012 at 9:19 pm / Reply

I am seconding the k1000 and I love the trip, too.

what about an old fixed lens rangefinder like one of the himatic or electro ones?

i think a tlr style could look really cool as well

and this might sound crazy.. but an slr or rangefinder with removable lenses would be awesome, the lenses could be charms on a bracelet or something!!

[…] pacate, aparatul nu functioneaza cu film miniatural. Dar Bellamy Hunt, care face parte din grupul Japan Camera Hunter, spune ca intentioneaza sa vanda acest tip de pandantive, in viitorul […]

wendy July 15, 2012 at 2:18 am / Reply

Very cool and beautifully done. I love detail miniatures like that. Yes, it would be cool to see other classic cameras…since I have a Nikon FG I’ll vote for that to be added to the list :)
    Can you actually get film for this and make images?

[…] out of it too! Luke Satoru, the man behind the beautiful camera jewellery pieces that have been featured on my site approached me a while ago with an idea. He had produced a one-off piece in black and decided to […]

Anthony Gross August 18, 2012 at 11:34 am / Reply

My personal list in order:

-Canon branded rangefinder (I have a VT and IVSB)
    -Pentax Spotmatic
    -TLR (I have a Yashica EM, 44LM and 44a)

This is fantastic work, I’m still in awe. Thank you for sharing, I’ll keep checking back.