Broken camera? Get it repaired in Japan

Broken camera? Get it repaired in Japan
Is your camera dead? Feel like there is no hope? Now now, don’t fret, it is not the end of the world, contrary to popular belief, these things can be fixed. Or perhaps you didn’t drop yours (like I did), perhaps your camera stopped working of its own free will. Well, that is fine too, you can have that sorted out too.

You see, what a lot of people don’t realize is that they can have many of their (Japanese) cameras repaired by the makers in Japan. Do you have a Konica Hexar with an Error code? Or a Ricoh with a dodgy shutter? Perhaps the screen had died on your digital Contax, or your Mamiya is not taking pictures any longer. You can have all of these problems and more repaired in Japan with the minimum of hassle. Japancamerahunter is proud to offer a camera repair service that takes the trouble out of your hands and returns a shiny happy camera to you.

The system is really simple. Contact me and first find out if the camera can be serviced, as some are harder than others to be repaired. Then pop your sick camera in a box (make sure you take out the batteries, the customs in Japan hate batteries) and send it to me. I will then do all of the hard work for only a small fee. You will have your camera serviced by the maker, safe in the knowledge that it is in good hands.

The prices for the repairs are very reasonable and you will have the peace of mind knowing that the work is guaranteed by the maker. I keep in regular contact with customers to make sure they are happy and will not have work started on the camera until the customer has agreed to the quote for the work by the company.
Don’t believe me? Check out this review at the bottom of the page.

Most of the major brands are covered, including the following:
Contax and Kyocera (limited cameras)
Ricoh (limited cameras)

So, if you want to get your favourite camera repaired Contact me and I can make it happen.

14 comments on “Broken camera? Get it repaired in Japan”

Jelvin Aguillon November 1, 2011 at 8:48 pm / Reply

Sir, How can I contact you? I want my D3100 body repaired.

Charles December 9, 2011 at 1:52 pm / Reply

Can you fix an Olympus OM2sp, or an Oly F280 flash?

Bellamy December 10, 2011 at 12:23 am /

Cheers for metting me tonight, I can check it out for you. I shall let you know.

Kelly June 14, 2012 at 12:33 pm / Reply

Can I get my yashica gsn 35 fixed? The viewfinder is very cloudy and the diamond that shows the double image could use a retouch. Also the 2 second shutter timer needs to be fixed.

Bellamy June 14, 2012 at 1:32 pm /

The Yashica is a bit more difficult to repair. Please mail me and I will see if it can be done for you.

Judge October 7, 2012 at 3:30 pm / Reply

Hi ,
    Is it difficult to fix the faded focus patch in Leica M3?

Bellamy October 7, 2012 at 8:32 pm /

Difficult, but not impossible. Though it would not be cheap, that is for certain.

Judge October 7, 2012 at 8:35 pm /

ZDP-189 October 7, 2012 at 4:59 pm / Reply

I have a pinhole lens that’s not focussing properly.

Bellamy October 7, 2012 at 8:33 pm /

Really? I wonder why? Is it a pinhole or a matchstick?

Andrew Lee November 4, 2012 at 9:28 pm / Reply

Hey I’m having a bit of trouble with the nikon fm3a.

One day the ISO dial got a bit rusty, and then after that the exposure compensation marking came off (the one that says +2…+1…0 and so on) as well as the piece of plastic that covers the part that shows the ISO setting. that I tried with glue, but then the glue went down and stuck the dial all together;;;;;

In addition, b4 this happened, the exposure compensation dial is a bit weird too (the same dial). No matter how hard I try (gently) the dial doesn’t go beyond 2 dots above 0 and goes waaaayyyy below `2. Is this a wrong preset in the dial itself?

killpixels May 1, 2013 at 3:47 pm / Reply

thanks for the website and helping bringing back the 35mm camera back ,i just wanted say thank for always inspiring us …

jess August 2, 2014 at 12:50 am / Reply

Hi there is an error warning coming up on my Nikon J1 about the lens not being attatched properly.

How much would this cost? And how far away are you from Tokyo? How long will it take? I am doing a bit of shopping around to compare prices.